• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how many discs are in your bag?

I carry 11 basic discs and any room I have extra I pack in a extra copy of a disc in case I lose anything.

1st Run Mako - Main Mid
Evo Magic - Putter/ short drives
Champion Boss 174g - Hyzer Skip drives
Z Flick 173g - Utility and OH shots
Star Tbird 170 - You know cause it's bad to da bone.
Star TL - 172 - Just diff shots from my tb
Star Wraith 164 - Distance Driver and long turn over shots
Champion Sidewinder 168g - My roller
Champion Viking 170g - Utility and short oh shots
Champion Gator - Overstable Mid
Champion Firebird - Nice for tight fh and bh shots with big turns.

18 total occupying fade tourney bag

1) dx aviar
1) blowfly
2) r-pro pig
1) flx buzzz
2) z buzzz
1) gl river
1) champ leopard
1) z stalker
2) millenium sirius orion LS
1) champ valkyrie
1) star valkyrie
2) star teebird
1) pro wraith
1) star wraith

Ugh currently.

175 JK Aviar Putter
175 JK Aviar Driver
175 X Comet
174 DX Roc
173 KC Roc
150 DX Leopard
167 Star Leopard
167 DX Teebird
168 Star Teebird
167 Champion Teebird

10 discs, 5 molds. Comet is odd child out, but it won't leave the bag, and will be the next disc to get a Z paired up with it for a woods Comet, once I can fit more discs :(

damn man, strong milwaukee/wisconsin presence

Champ Firebird
Eco X-Cal
Special Blend Wraith
Pro TL
Z Avenger SS
11x KC Gazelle
GL Striker
Pro Katana
Opto Fuse
Star San Marino Roc
KC Pro Roc
DX Roc
Soft Ion
SSS Warlock
SS Organic Wizard

I try to limit it to 15 or less (still seems like a lot). Experimenting with GL Halo and Hurricane at the moment, but only field work...

5 molds 9 discs.

Wizards - 168g SS Putting Wizard, 174g Evo Wizard, Whatever 3rd Wizard I'm trying to beat in but losing before it gets as straight as I want.

Buzz's - 167g beat FLX for turnovers and distance midrange drives, 177g Z for more fade, stronger skip or handling a little headwind.

Stalkers - Regular Z for my stable fairway driver, beat Z Glo for rollers, turnovers, anhyzers and tailwinds.

Predators - 164g beat Z Stalker for headwind drives, FH rollers and thumbers.

Orcs - 171 Star Orc for distance drives

Testing: 174g Z Predator, 175g Champ Orc, VP, FLX Drone

damn man, strong milwaukee/wisconsin presence

Once I get free time, hoping in the spring since it will be more fun, I plan to do some Southeastern Wisconsin meet ups.

I definatly need to head up to milwaukee, as I havent played a single course up there outside of Oak Creek's and that was a bad time due to mosquitos.

17 discs, 8 molds.

CFR Glo-Gazelle: new and stable
DX Gazelle: beat turnover shots
DX Gazelle: back up to my beat one
171 S-PD: seasoned
172 P-PD: straight long shots
167 S-PD: new and stable
175 Pro Wraith: distance mold
168 Star Wraith: beat, tailwinds
170 Champ Wraith: overstable distance
172 ESP Predator: seasoned, long fade
171 Z Predator: Super stable

179 Goldline Core
175 Goldline Core
169 Goldline Fuse
176 FLX Drone

173 Vibram Ridge
173 Vibram Ridge

Disc Consistency and Confidence

I may carry 15 discs and 5 molds. I like to play a round and incorporate practice on unique shots. I may throw 3 drives on one hole, three upshots on the next, and maybe 3 putts on another.

I want to have a well rounded game, and I've found if I am confident with a certain disc, I may only carry one in my bag and carry duplicates of others I'm trying to learn.

Come time for competition, I can load my bag with all the discs I have the most confidence in. I can score lower than most other recreational players throwing my favorite disc, and that disc only, the Innova Roc. I can drive with it, I can approach with it and putt very well, open field or woods courses. All the while I'm watching the guy next to me throwing all over the course, hitting every tree, and getting frustrated because he's carrying 20 discs and has no proficiency with any of them. In the end, consistency and confidence win every time.

I made the mistake of trying to throw hard and far in the beginning. I would have done myself much better by learning to control my putter with good throwing form and let the power fall into place as I moved up the speed chart. Now I throw for accuracy and leave the power and distance to the ego players.

We've all seen them. They have a big drive, and they need one because they have no other ability to shoot a low score. At the basket, I have a three and they have a three. What's the difference? Within 100 feet, frequently I hole my upshot with an accurate throw right into the chains for a 2 and they have a 20 foot putt for a 3. One or two holes like that, and I win the round.

What about players that drive well past 400' and hit 40-60' putts frequently? :D

You don't fall into that "ego" category then, do you...or do you? Just the fact that you asked that question after reading my post tells me you have an quite an ego. If you're good though, there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

Latest posts