• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you use per round?

How many discs used per round?

• <=3

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 74 18.7%
  • 7-9

Votes: 140 35.4%
  • 10-12

Votes: 106 26.8%
  • 13-15

Votes: 43 10.9%
  • 16-18

Votes: 15 3.8%
  • 19-21

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • >21

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
At this moment I have 22 discs of 11 molds in my bag. 8 happen to be in slightly different stages of wear but 4 aren't so I could potentially choose 18 different discs in a competitive round...i.e. no typical second/practice throws lol...but at my home course I estimate I might only throw about 13ish give or take a couple. Plus I often have more discs and molds in my bag so 20+ is more accurate.

My current bag carries about 12, but my usual round makes use of about 5. 2 putters, 1 mid and 2 drivers. Most of my extras are drivers that I usually only pull out on occasion for the rare sidearm or particular tee shot that I want to give a try.

I've been trying to only carry what I throw, with an exception for backups. There are 11 in my bag as of today, 2 of which are back ups. I usually throw 6 or so, depending on the course, but sometimes if I'm really grooving on a particular disc, say a Teebird for example, I might only throw that disc and leave the others of that class alone. I've definitely shot well on 3-4 discs before.

Some people pull carts. I ride a lawn tractor with a utility cart attachment. That way I can carry roughly 200 discs, but, in a 9 hole round, I'll probably only actually throw half of them or so.

Here is a picture of my sweet whip.

JD408766_HO_642X462.jpg

Last edited:
Some people pull carts. I ride a lawn tractor with a utility cart attachment. That way I can carry roughly 200 discs, but, in a 9 hole round, I'll probably only actually throw half of them or so.

Here is a picture of my sweet whip.

:-D

I carry around 20 discs, but usually I end up using maybe 10 of them in a 18-hole round. I carry 8 molds, some backups, couple of utility discs which I rarely use. 90% of the time I'm throwing either a wraith, fuse, mako3 or my sirius omega putter.

Carry about 23 discs, though I've been trying to pull some very seldomly used out of the bag lately. On a typical round at my home course I would usually use:
GStar Aviar
GStar Aviar Driver
Buzz OS
GStar MD3
CE Eagle
12x Champ KC Pro TeeBird
12x Champ Starfire
Champ RoadRunner (roller)
GStar Katana
Champ Destroyer

Bda

I carry up to 14 in my Fade Crunch Box bag. I usually throw each disc at least once. Some will be used a lot while some will be used as few as one time per round.

It really all boils down to wind. If there is ZERO wind, I could probably just use 3 discs. (driver, mid, putter) But throw in a 10mph+ head or tail wind and I'm pulling out fairway drivers, utility discs, etc. I usually carry 18 discs, but now days I'm bagging a few more because I've been burned with "out of no where" winds and not having a disc to answer the wind.

After losing two discs over the last two weeks, I'm down to 10 + putter in my Legacy setup, but throw all of them usually over two rounds.

I carry 10 in a Fade Crunch bag and use 6 or 7 for most rounds.

Carry 6, usually throw 4-5. Depends on the course though, as has been mentioned.

Almost always 7:

Clutch - putting
Cobra - control rollers
Buzzz - workhorse
Drone - super OS goodness
Crave - workhorse 2.0
Banshee - an old friend both BH and OH
Cannon - maxD

Shorter courses I usually drop the Banshee and Cannon..hell sometimes I don't even throw the Buzzz either. Could absolutely get by with just a Clutch/Crave/Drone.

EDIT: voted 3-6

Voted 7-9. I carry 9 in an old innova bag that I use for most rounds. I have a tournament bag but I only break that out a couple times a month lately.

Workhorse putter: atom
os putter: scale
us mid: Comet
Workhorse mid: buzzz
Fairways: patriot, teebird, xxx
distance: amp, wraith

I usually throw anywhere from 8-12 discs on an average round, but it depends on which course I am playing. I throw ambidextrous, so I use a lot of the same discs for both arms instead of using an understable disc or a beat up mold I already carry.

I voted 10-12.

On my normal daily course that I know like the back of my hand I use
-Roc
-Voodoo
-King VIP Air
-Katana
-Beast
-Destroyer
-Boss
-Banshee

8 total

I carry 15, which includes backups, and usually throw(depending on course/conditions)- around 7 of them.

I carry 22-25 discs and I will typically use 90% of my bag. So, some days I just didn't use a certain disc, etc. But if you put it all together in a month. I will have used every disc several times.
Some more than other of course. I use my Valkyrie and M2 a good amount, same with my Pa4 Pa3.
Now that I picked up a teebird3 I will be using that a lot I'm sure.
But yeah, I'd say on a day where I play 2 courses (or two times through a course) I will use most of my bag. so 16-20 discs

But I never want to be out on the course and NOT have that one disc....you know which disc I'm talking about.........THAT one....

Latest posts