• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how many people is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! 60630 has been blocked on the PDGA website. Looks like a LONG Ban might be coming.

Or maybe he just didn't renew this year. I didn't think about that when I posted.

reason for edit.

Last edited:
Ouch! 60630 has been blocked on the PDGA website. Looks like a LONG Ban might be coming.

Or maybe he just didn't renew this year. I didn't think about that when I posted.

reason for edit.

Just not current in 2014 yet. He's playing in this tournament in two weeks:
Creekside Open XVII

Good luck Jeff! The fact that you're signed up in MA2 instead of MA3 is a good sign...

If all of this was really intentional, wouldn't I be trying to hid it? If I knew what I was doing was wrong, why the hell would I use my real name? I had moved to a new area, no one knew me and no one checks ID's so I could have used any name. I didn't because I wasn't hiding. And if I was trying to do that, why would I put myself on here, using all the information that obviously makes it easy to find anything out about me? If you are going to try to connect all of these dots, can you be intellectually honest and factor that in? Go back and look at the wintertime open this year, my name is listed there twice with both numbers... please explain to me how I caused that to happen? Did I actually play as two different people in the same division on the same days? Mistakes happen everyone, it doesn't make it right or somehow justify the mistakes, but they happen and often they are unintentional.

We have no idea why you'd be doing these things with your real name. That's part of what is compelling people to pay attention and dig deeper into this thing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, to have all this happen out of plain ignorance on your part makes you appear to be extremely dim and naive. Guess some people (myself included) don't want to believe you're that dim, particularly with some of your diatribes on these forums in recent weeks/months and particularly with some of the things you've said you've done for disc golf (the Memorial thing sounds like a great idea/accomplishment).

Being thin skinned and defensive at every turn isn't helping you either. Your first post in response to Suzette asking the question of whether you were both #60630 and #34207 wasn't to say "holy crap, yes, no idea how that happened, thank you for bringing it to my attention, I'll get right on fixing this". It was denial and pleas of being a victim. You called her a stalker and said her evidence was "circumstantial" (not usually something said by someone with nothing to hide). You can see why some of us are skeptical of everything you've said since, and have been finding holes in the story.

Speaking of holes in stories, you've put another one out there in the very paragraph I quoted. There is only one Jeff Harris showing for the 2014 Wintertime Open, and that's 60630, the winner of the Rec division, which has been well established to be you. There's no sign of your first number in any results, including those, since 2011. If there was, I'm betting the PDGA would have red-flagged it then and tried to seek you out via the TD of the event it showed up in.

Basically, I can conclude one of three things. Either you're an unwitting victim of circumstance (nyuk nyuk nyuk), you are mentally disturbed and seeing things that aren't there, or you are caught and trying to worm your way out of it with excuses. In all three instances, perhaps you're better off logging off and dealing with this quietly instead of worrying about what a bunch of "anonymous" message board posters are thinking/saying.

reason for edit.

He's already explained that, admitting being suspended after he contacted the PDGA. Just a few posts up.

I know I should have totally run and hid and not commented on any of this and just logged off and not come back.

What more do you want? I am very very sorry for everything that I have done and wish this had all happened differently.

Now there is an "appearance of impropriety" about you. You did things that looked dishonest and purposeful, whether they were or not. No one but you will never know for sure. That being said, I am willing to give you the "Benefit of the Doubt". Which is another important aspect of the rules of disc golf when there is a judgement call to be made.

Which brings this discussion full circle. The reason you have two people go out with an official along is to avoid the "appearance of impropriety". If two people play alone, there is the "possibility" that they could collude with each other and write down lower scores than they shot. It doesn't mean two people WOULD cheat or DID cheat, it just means it is "fairer" for all the other players not having to wonder if the two-some really shot those scores. By sending an official, there is no longer an "appearance of impropriety".

... perhaps you're better off logging off and dealing with this quietly instead of worrying about what a bunch of "anonymous" message board posters are thinking/saying.

I agree with JC, the best thing you can do is to stop posting here. This will go away if you let it.

Again, even if you were not purposefully dishonest about this whole matter, the "appearance of impropriety" remains. This black cloud will follow you for many years to come, so please don't get so butthurt and outraged when people doubt your integrity.

And I'll go into what rubs me the wrong way...

Jeff started a thread about Rules Nazis a while back saying those enforcing the rules should lighten up a bit. Then in this thread, became a black & white letter of the law Rules Nazi himself outright accusing others of cheating. Then when exposed as a dual PDGA # owner, quickly tried to cover it up and deny (which is nearly impossible with today's internet except on TV), and has now taken the road of asking for forgiveness based on the fact he didn't know about any suspensions...

I say go into politics as this kind of flip-flopping is perfect for that arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.