• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people try to meet up with others while traveling?

Only can count a handful of meetups, but I haven't met a bad person on here yet. Start a thread in the road trip section.

I just don't plan my rounds far enough in advance to try to meet someone.
This is where I'm at too. Generally my getting out to the course is a spur of the moment kinda thing. However, I think the idea of planning meetups is great.

I don't because I like to bag courses and don't have time to chat!

I rarely meet with people when I'm trying to get 5+ courses in a day, but I will often plan to meet up with someone for a private course or a really good course where I don't mind spending a bigger chunk of the day hanging out.

I'm also well into the hundreds of people met category, including people like Mashnut and Martin D. Everybody for the most part has been super cool, with no real negative experiences.

Use common sense and you'll end up meeting tons of cool people.

Phoenix does not yet have an online forum. Hopefully in the near future, though.

Bill,
I would probably be willing to meet up with you for a round. I would just need a little advance notice as I have a lot going on for the next few months. I'm on the east side of the valley, though. Not sure what area you are usually in.

I'm usually in the scottsdale area. I play Vista Del Camino a lot. I'll have to pm ya and try to set up something the next time I'm out.

Also to everyone else who commented thanks. Makes me feel better about trying to meet up with others. It's always more fun to toss a round with others :hfive:.

I'm usually in the scottsdale area. I play Vista Del Camino a lot. I'll have to pm ya and try to set up something the next time I'm out.

Also to everyone else who commented thanks. Makes me feel better about trying to meet up with others. It's always more fun to toss a round with others :hfive:.

Perfect. Vista is my home course.

I don't usually set up any meetings, but have accidentally bumped into a few DGCR people while traveling. Occasionally my schedule will be set enough to allow me to plan something. Either way, it's all good. Haven't run into a d-bag member yet.

Yeah? Did i contact you 26 hrs ahead of time? I remember making plans with Mando about 32 minutes ahead of time.

Best I recall, due to my logistics issues I knew you were coming a couple of days in advance.....probably from a thread like this one.

I knew Rich was a great host but, 32 minutes' notice? That's above and beyond the call of duty!

Latest posts