• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] how many volts do you have pre ordered?

how many Volts do you have on preorder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's no option for 0? What about the people that are waiting to hear what people think of the disc before buying one?

You mean you don't just buy a bunch of discs willy-nilly before hearing anything about them?

This site amazes me sometimes with the hype machine.

believe the hype this time

I'll believe it when I've experienced it. For all I know, maybe you're right and this disc is amazing, but maybe not. Maybe I'll try one of these and love it, but I still won't feel bad not having pre-ordered 5+ of them before ever even touching one.

this is a disc golf forum? no? who cares what other people get excited about.

They're free to like whatever they want, I just get amazed sometimes but how people buy into everything these companies put out before having even tried it. I'm with Prerube on this one, I see MVP as a gimmick and I don't get it. I've tried the discs and don't see the allure.

Living in the Northwest I don't see a lot of MVP discs around, much less at shops with driving range. Not sure how I'm going to go about trying one with committing a whopping $15 blindly. Fortunately, its not hard to unload extra plastic for $10 a pop. $5 bucks for a temporary ownership is not a bad price to pay if it doesn't work out.

Or maybe I just have an addiction and these are all the things I think to justify it. Yep. Probably that.

Also, not sure how MVPs are gimmicky. Its not a turbo putt or a "wheel." They make discs with unique flight patterns. You're afraid of change, aren't you?

Also, not sure how MVPs are gimmicky. Its not a turbo putt or a "wheel." They make discs with unique flight patterns. You're afraid of change, aren't you?

Well that's quite the jump in logic you made there.

Like I said, I've thrown Ions, Anodes, and Vectors, and didn't see anything 'unique' about them. And you haven't even thrown a Volt yet, so how can you say it's unique? How do you know it doesn't fly exactly like an Orc or some other disc?

And it's a gimmick because of the plastic, which in my opinion, feels like slick crap anyway.

Sure, it doesn't matter what I think. If you like the plastic and the discs, fine; buy them. But don't make it out like each release is God's gift to disc golf and act shocked when some people haven't pre-ordered obscene qualities before ever even touching one.

for all the people like myself who asked whats a volt and still didnt get answear its a mvp driver the suposed rating on it is 9 6 -1 1 soo a a straight driver and i will wait till i hear more on if people like them

I respect your opinion, Why should I buy a volt?
Don't buy one; throw a friend's for two rounds... it'll tell you if you should buy it.

For any curious minded player who already has a high-level understanding of golf disc behavior, the Volt will challenge your concept of disc physics. Furthermore these newer indie brands like Lat64 and MVP are bringing fresh minds to the industry, and the Volt will highlight what is essentially the dark age of disc making -- the incremental speed-ups of mold designs that existed in 2002, next to zero advancement in plastic technology, a negative trending of craftsmanship in molding, and a priority on volume over quality in every possible regard.

What has advanced in disc golf technology under Innova and Discraft's control since the early 2000s? Blizzard, I guess. They did a Pro, they did a Urethane, they blended Pro and Urethane, they recycled the Pro Urethane blend for an Eco blend, then 10 years later they've exhausted every iteration of these two ingredients, so they infuse gas -- with technological precision, craftmanship, skill? No, just whatever will passably pass an insanely loose QC standard, no premium on real quality or repeatability.

MVP were forum nerds who've now made their own discs. They've done what every forum nerd dreams of, and it's actually some of the most exciting stuff to come out of the industry in a decade. Ingenious manufacturing, artful mastery of their materials, a deep understanding of general physics as well as disc physics and disc theory... and now their most primo of primo plastic formulas is paired with a disced-down fairway driver whose weight distribution makes it the absolute most responsive driver ever made. As a forum nerd this tickles me hot pink.

I have 1 preordered. Usually I'm a wait and see type buyer, but I love every MVP disc to date so I'm trusting them on this one

I have none pre-ordered but I'll buy 3 on the 25th.

I tried pre-ordering but didn't know that Community Discs only took PayPal. I know GGGT has some pre-order also, but I may as well wait for the 25th now.

Zero. I'll wait until I see one on the course. I'm sure it's all that, but Vibram is the only manufacturer that I trust with buying before seeing (the Saint is the only exception so far).

MVP makes really nice discs, but I'm not a fan of their firmer putters (I unfortunately own two medium Ions). I want to fondle them first.

As for the Ions, I practice with them... I won't get rid of them.

If you don't like MVP and aren't interested in pre-ordering or trying the Volt and are posting in this thread...Why?

Latest posts