• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to drive putters??

Um magnet 300'. I like to embellish but throwing with a hurricane force tail wind does not count. I don't know I'm skeptical.

Says the guy who's icon is of a Nuke, about the guy who usually throws Teebirds so he doesn't overshoot things...

Honestly, I can hit 450' golf distance on a wide open hole, probably around 400' golf distance on a lightly wooded course. My max is just shy of 500'. I don't think it's that unrealistic to think that I can toss my putter 200' shorter than my drivers...

300 with a magnet eh? I might be able to get 300 out of an aviar, perhaps I should try to get a video up on Friday when I'll be driving at the Fargodome. See how far I can get an aviar, where there's a football field there to verify any distance thrown. And there would be no wind to help me or hurt me. Either way, next time I'm in the Cities, we should throw Craton.

300 with a magnet eh? I might be able to get 300 out of an aviar, perhaps I should try to get a video up on Friday when I'll be driving at the Fargodome. See how far I can get an aviar, where there's a football field there to verify any distance thrown. And there would be no wind to help me or hurt me. Either way, next time I'm in the Cities, we should throw Craton.

Deal. I'm up in New Brighton. I still have a bit of the case of winter-arm-itis, but today I went out and practiced throwing Magnets/Buzzzes in a field for a bit. Felt good to get out again and bomb stuff. A bit too windy for my taste, though. Again, I don't think I can throw an Aviar nearly as far as my magnet, but that's probably because aviars feel like crap in my hands, personally.

Ion and soft magnet feel extremely similar to me. It's sort of like having a soft magnet made out of star plastic, if that means anything to you.

I had trouble getting distance from my soft magnets and tried ion, wizard, soft banger, jk aviar, kc aviar, and star aviar. I found the soft banger, jk aviar, and kc aviar to go about twice as far for me as the magnet. But I was flipping the magnet and turning it right. My drive has more snap than velocity right now. So the more stable aviars and soft banger were working better for me.

I came into golf from an Ultimate background too. My max golf drive is 350'. I can throw Ultrastars & 40 molds 250'. I can throw putters 275-300.

I grip lids with pinky & ring finger. The other fingers are loose. I do not "snap" lids per say. I release them with massive wrist rotation that i would describe more as finesse than snap. I aim left & high with almost vertical hyzer. The disc will flip flat & glide right. The flight finishes flat ad it glides right.

My grip on shallower rim discs like putters is more of a snap on the same flight pattern described above.

Deal. I'm up in New Brighton. I still have a bit of the case of winter-arm-itis, but today I went out and practiced throwing Magnets/Buzzzes in a field for a bit. Felt good to get out again and bomb stuff. A bit too windy for my taste, though. Again, I don't think I can throw an Aviar nearly as far as my magnet, but that's probably because aviars feel like crap in my hands, personally.

Twas a good time!

my ion

like I said I love my ION for short putts about 40ft or less but I have a 171 weight and cant seem to find another one in soft or medium plastic that is the same weight so I, for the time being, only have one to mess around with and cant seem to find a shop around here that has too many ions and the ones I found online at different retailers don't have 171 weights and I have heard the key to consistency is to get a few of the same weights in the putter you like and practice, practice, practice. As far as I can tell this must have been an early model since it is a no stamp, I got last year and MVP's web site states that they only have like 173 weights-175g, idk if they don't make them this light anymore after their first run or what, any ideas on that?

Latest posts