• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Huk Central 2016

hellbound

Eagle Member
Hello DGR People. Thought I would pass this on to you guys. The local Tournament Director is Posting on Go fund me for next years tournament for support. He has moved it up to a A-tier this year. Thought I would post little about it on here.

https://www.gofundme.com/mwdbz844

Hello world!

I'm posting today in hopes of raising funds for next year's Huk Central Disc Golf Tournament held at Grand Central Station Disc Golf Course in Central, SC. Although the tournament itself may not merit community donations, the trickle down effect of the popularity of this tournament carries tremendous weight when it comes to grants and support from the county and state. What makes support difficult is that disc golf does not bring money back to these entities directly.

The effects of the continued and growing support of county and state (we already receive great support from town and county) is a better facility that will last for decades to come. What makes this so important is that disc golf is a true community sport that is already working to get folks outdoors and exercising, having fun together, and using the parks our cities provide. I have witnessed mulitple generations playing together on numerous occasions. Not everyone keeps score or throws far, but they all have fun and it's the only venue I can think of where this is true.

This past year the Upstate Disc Golf club donated a set of disc golf equipment and curriculum to Central Elementary School and we will be donating two sets next year to different schoold. These students will be utilizing this course to continue to get exercise outside of school, so it's imperative that it survive and thrive.

This coming Huk Central 2016 will be a PDGA sponsored A tier event. This is the equivalent of the Web.com tour for the PGA, one step below the National Tour. Initially I would like to raise five thousand dollars to boost payout for the tournament. If there is enough interest, we are also trying to build bathrooms (40k) and pave the parking lot (15k) so we'll see where this goes.

We are also trying to build a second course to double the field for Huk Central and give the are a balance of long and shorter courses. The Upstate Disc Golf Club has funds for baskets and manpower for clearing and such, but we're in need of land. 20 to 30 acres would be great! Disc Golf courses do not disturb the land much at all. Tree cutting, tee pad building, and basket sleeve installing.

Thank you so much just for reading this, please pass it along to anyone who might be interested. Donations of one thousand or more will get logo and contact info provided at tournament and on tournament paperwork.

(mods- sorry if this is in the wrong location)