• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toboggan 2024

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
From Kensington Metropark's website:

Toboggan Disc Golf Course
The Toboggan Course is located across the road from the Maple Beach parking lot and has been thrilling players and fans for decades. Originally a temporary course for the 2000 Worlds, it has been the official course of the U.S. Amateur Disc Golf Championship since 2002 and has been the site of the Great Lakes Open on the Disc Golf Pro Tour since 2018.

The baskets are only in the ground for a short time each year, so try to get a round in when you can. At 10,210 feet, this champion-level par 63 course has a mix of large elevation changes and tight fairways that will test every shot in your bag. Bring a spotter because it has long holes and punishing rough.

Dates of Operation
DGCR's Toboggan Page

Fees:
Park Entry: $10 per car/day (annual window sticker $40)
Toboggan DG Fee $5/day
Black Locust courses are $3/day

Dates of Operation
  • Open to Public Play
    • 7/1/2024 – 8/18/2024
    • 9/9/2024 – 10/27/2024

Thank you for posting this, Bogey. There is an outside chance we might be passing through before the course shuts down 8/18, but my preference would be to play in the fall.

Either way, hoping Toboggan takes my lunch money this year.

Last edited:
thanks bogey

i have no business throwin that level of course but i am a glutton for pain and i dont learn my lessons the easy way

im hopin to get there this fall (if i was smart i would try to time up the leaves changin)

ive been saving a southern lp trip specifically planned for when toboggan is open so this is super helpful news

thanks bogey

i have no business throwin that level of course but
Neither do I. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy it. :)

Note to all: It's not what I'd call a wooded course. Long expanses with little shade. Climbing up and down those hills in July-August heat can be grueling.

If you can plan your trip for the fall, you'll likely find it more enjoyable experience.

Holdens party store has fresh, quality, subs made to order, and is well stocked with plastic, snacks and beverages. Walmart nearby if you forgot anything or need to restock supplies.

Last edited: