• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Humble, TX must-play course

DTrain

I'm going to be in Humble, TX for business in a few weeks, two maybe three days. If I have a time one afternoon, what is the closest "must-play" course in the area? Something within a half hour drive of I-69 and the Sam Houston Pkwy. I'm thinking Timber Lane Park even though it's only 9 holes. Your thoughts are appreciated.

I got to play two courses while in the area for a seminar this is past August. I would easily recommend Northside Christian over Timberlane. I really enjoyed Northside. It had an excellent variety of open and wooded holes. Timberlane was fine, but I wouldn't bother going back if in the area. I made it a point to play Northside a second time and would definitely go back.

Hopefully all for the course conditions are updated considering what the Houston area has gone through.

Last edited:
Not sure if there are any "must play" courses.

I would add White Oak to your list. Probably the best "close" one, if it is mowed.

I have never played Timber Lane, so can't provide any input there.

River Grove in Kingwood is still down.

Northside Christian is your best bet, with Spring Valley being a close second (they're only about 7 minutes apart). SV has a nice proshop, 18 wooded holes, and 9 "power" holes on the ball golf course (power 1 is over 900'), but you can only play the power course on weekdays.

Timber Lane isn't really worth the stop IMO.

White Oak CC (two 18 hole courses on the same property) or Evergreen (little over 30 minutes) would get my vote.

Give white oak a pass, typical big open ball golf conversion. It isn't awful in fact it's good, just not great but the two courses, SV and Northside are better. That said, they are all good courses, not great. SV is the best, Houston's version of a wooded beast. Evergreen is a good ball golf conversion and an awesome property. Long drive, especially with traffic. There's also Milby (if you're looking at Evergreen. Beautiful property, good course. I read a facebook that the park is threatened, don't know what that means?

Northside Christian was the best course IMO that we played on our Houston area disc golf weekend... unless you can drive up to Shawshank.

Give white oak a pass, typical big open ball golf conversion. It isn't awful in fact it's good, just not great but the two courses, SV and Northside are better. That said, they are all good courses, not great. SV is the best, Houston's version of a wooded beast. Evergreen is a good ball golf conversion and an awesome property. Long drive, especially with traffic. There's also Milby (if you're looking at Evergreen. Beautiful property, good course. I read a facebook that the park is threatened, don't know what that means?

disagree. when was the last time you were at inwood? both courses have short loop versions and the west course can also be played as the tournament 21 layout. Take a look at their dgcr pages once in awhile :\

milby is currently under construction.