• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

after many years of being THEY I have finally begun to have responsible recruits. THEY have learned the most valuable lesson I can offer, BE THE TYRANT. More problems have been caused by asking for votes or opinions. If something needs to be done just do it.

I want to be a THEY. But with 2 kids and a mother in the early stages of dementia, it is hard enough to even get out once a week to play.

Those of you able to be a THEY, I salute you

hE0CE0EC1

Last edited:
I have a big ass weed eater.
It's really noisy.
Please don't throw discs at me.
I can't always see you.

TYVM.

My home course has been looking so clean I needed a new mission (trash and storm damage is being cleaned by a lot of Theys).
I still take trash bags out to empty the trash pales by the teepads.

I have taken up a mission of cleaning broken glass on the course and with all the rain this year i know some is coming to the surface with erosion. I carry a knife to dig the glass out of the soil and carry it in an upside down disc or two.
This glass can only be dumped in the Parks Dept trash cans as we collect the trash pales with plastic bags.

I'm getting ready to go out to my local course and start clearing up around the baskets. we have some trees that are starting to overhang on the baskets and some of the rough areas are well,way too rough.

Nobody around here takes care of the course anymore. You pretty much have to go straight to the mayor to get them to mow the dang grass here.

Whenever the weather gets better around here(Friday morning hopefully) I'm going out to the course to do some work. :thmbup:

THEY built a new course near me. I love the course, but it badly needed tee signs. So, I made signs. Good signs, I spent months on it. No one asked me to do it but, now we have signs. But, better than that, I now understand that I AM THEY.

I met the rest of they. WE are still working to improve OUR courses.

Last Wednesday my 8yr old Grandson and I played at a course that he never played. It is a new little 12 holer with nice concrete tee pads, some nice picnic tables and trash cans on most holes. The first tee has a picnic bench that had a lot of nasty graffiti on it. My Grandson tood me that who ever did this, their mothers should give them consequences. I said that this stuff makes the nice course dirty and not much fun having to look at it. He agreed and off we went. When we got to the third hole, their was another picnic table with the same trashy, vulgar art work. Grandson said that this stuff made him not want to play anymore. I said lets just walk it and see how the course looks. As we walked down into the woods I noticed more tables and all of the trash cans full of cans and garbage.
This morning I went to the nearest big box store and went to the paint dept. To look for a oops can close to thecolor of the tables. I lucked out and found a can for 5 bucks. Bought a roller tube andpan liner and off to the course. I painted all the tables and hauled 4 large leaf bags out to the main trash can.
Felt nice to clean the course up. I called my Grandson and told him what I did and he said he can't wait to go back and play the course again.

today we (they) sanded and prepped for waterproofing, 22 more rough milled planks we had made for benches

they came from a tree that blew down on the course

here is a pic of the finished product from the first batch of 11 we did
we screw them to big cedar rounds for legs

Attachments

• bench.jpg
    bench.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 92
So every winter when it snows I shovel and salt the icy pads. Does that make me a they?

today we (they) sanded and prepped for waterproofing, 22 more rough milled planks we had made for benches

Dude, seriously nice work!

Those are sweeeet...nice addition to Shelton Springs. I'm glad They did that!

Nice bench. We can't have nice things like that around here. The college kids would have them destroyed within two weeks. One of the local courses spent a bunch of money installing nice garbage cans- about two weeks later most were totally ruined. The cans were galvanized and mounted on posts. Probably cost close to $200 each with the install.

Latest posts