• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I feel like a REAL ****!!!.....

hector69

Bogey Member
Well, my brother and I went out today to play a nice round at our local park, and I had a few beers on the way and after we started, so I had a little head buzz going. For some reason, a foursome jumped on hole 2 as we were starting hole 1, which I thought was really douchy. Anyway, between hole 4 and 5, I found a disc just laying in the fairway, I thought, well those a-holes couldn't have left it, I figured they just missed it. I picked it up, and wrote my name on since it had no name. Before we were done with that hole, a guy came back up the fairway and asked if we found his disc. Since I had already relabled it, I said NO. But felt bad and when I got down to the basket, threw the disc in the woods. The pair behind us must have seen me do that, and told him on the way back.

We played threw quickly, and like I said, I felt like crap, but never fessed up. I don't usually do things like that, but with the beer buzz and excitement of finding a disc, I lost my head, SORRY DUDE!!!!

it happens dude. at least you got a concience, unlike these other disc stealing monsters...

Dude....I actually think it's kind of funny that you marked it right when you picked it up:) At that point you should have just used and if you got called on it, pointed out your name:)

Yea, that's what I said, if i would have just kept it in the bottom of my bag, i'd still be throwing right now, but for some reason, I thought he might want to look through my bag, WHICH I WOULD NEVER HAVE ALLOWED ANYWAY.

Whatever, I can't sweat the small stuff, I wouldn't recognize the dude if I saw him again, he probably will NEVER forget me.

But if it ever comes up, I'll just say,"Sorry Dude, you got your disc back, I was a dick, get over it."

My biggest worry is he now has my phone number, and last name, hopefully, my tires won't get slashed or some ****.

nicely done....

when you make a bold decision you gotta go with it----all the way. good story- and the disc karma pooper will get ya back....look for your favorite disc to go water sometime soon. :D

So you didn't fess up to it but left your contact info on the disc? Smooth.

edit: I see you already realized this.

Yea, that's what I said, if i would have just kept it in the bottom of my bag, i'd still be throwing right now, but for some reason, I thought he might want to look through my bag, WHICH I WOULD NEVER HAVE ALLOWED ANYWAY.

Whatever, I can't sweat the small stuff, I wouldn't recognize the dude if I saw him again, he probably will NEVER forget me.

But if it ever comes up, I'll just say,"Sorry Dude, you got your disc back, I was a dick, get over it."

My biggest worry is he now has my phone number, and last name, hopefully, my tires won't get slashed or some ****.

just have your bud drive you to the course.

Well, I'd rather feel like a real dick than a fake dick.

Is beer really an excuse?

However you look at it you messed up and you feel bad about it. Ask for forgiveness and move on otherwise you will feel the guilt forever.

oh well, things happen, don't sweat it

At least you didn't put your address and GPS coords on it...right?

Seriously, he's probably just happy to have his disc back. You will likely never hear from him.

when you make a bold decision you gotta go with it----all the way. good story- and the disc karma pooper will get ya back....look for your favorite disc to go water sometime soon. :D

Not 15 minutes before, my favorite disc went into the water, so is that karma in reverse?

Seriously, I feel like s*** about the whole thing, I know I'm a dick, but I usually don't get caught like this, I was just embarrassed I wrote my name on so fast, if I hadn't it would have been easy enough to just toss it to him and say "be more careful next time - can we play through?". But as it is, I beat it out of the park, and at this time, don't ever want to throw again (I'm sure this will pass).

Not 15 minutes before, my favorite disc went into the water, so is that karma in reverse?

Seriously, I feel like s*** about the whole thing, I know I'm a dick, but I usually don't get caught like this, I was just embarrassed I wrote my name on so fast, if I hadn't it would have been easy enough to just toss it to him and say "be more careful next time - can we play through?". But as it is, I beat it out of the park, and at this time, don't ever want to throw again (I'm sure this will pass).

You've confessed your sins before the Elders of DGCR and it sounds like you have learned a lesson. Your penance is to play your next 69 rounds with only an Xtreme and a Birdie. Throw forth and sin no more.

At least you have a conscience, but the real problem I have with what you did is that you give other disc golfers a bad name.