• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think I'll take up Bowling.

bazillion

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
So this afternoon I shot what was probably the worst round in the last five years. Three pars, nine bogeys, three doubles, let's not talk about the rest. Add in (or rather, subtract out) the disc that wound up in the lake and you see what I mean.

What about you? Ready to put down the disc and pick up the ball? Or racquet? Or whatever? Let's hear the horror stories!

We've all had those awful awful days where you just wanna throw your bag in the middle of the street run it over n never come back but those are the day that make you better and mentally stronger. So stay in it n next time you have a bad game you can always say well Ive done worse.

A few rounds ago (maybe 4 months ago), I was +7 on the front 9. And I play a pretty easy course. I had missed putts, sucky drives, wayward approaches...you name it.

Needless to say I was trying VERY hard to get a great score on the back nine to make up for it. Well, we all know what happens when you try VERY hard to get a great score. YOU SUCK EVEN MORE. I think I ended up at +20 or something. By hole 16 I was in "F" it mode and my arm was too tired to continue.

Not a fun day at all.

Last weekend I was playing in the last round of a tournament. I hadn't been playing for the other rounds but its my favorite course so I'm thinking that I'm going to make up some strokes and try to cash. I started on hole 9 and I was playing a solid round. When I get to hole one im 1 over and I throw the first 8 I have ever thrown, i threw out of bounds two times in a row. The next hole is the longest on the course (922 I think) I walk up to the tee box and think let's just get a 4-5 and move on. I throw another two ob's and miss a ten foot putt to finish with a ten. Needless to say I was exploding.

A couple of weeks ago I shot a +17. The next round, same cousre/tees I shot a +3. Its all good. As much as I like bowling, I would never give up disc golf completely for it, or anything else.

I still have pretty low expectations in general, so it would take a phenomenally awful to discourage me at this point.

Two days before my last tournament, I played a round at a pitch and putt course and was way over par on it! I also threw one of my anodes that I had just bought into some brush and it took me 25 minutes to find it through the thorns and swampy water. I did go bowling after that round and went to the course of the tournament the next day. Thankfully, I was throwing pretty good there and I got a little confidence back. The next morning I made just about every putt I threw in warm-up and I ended up faring well in the tournament all things considered.

The next hole is the longest on the course (922 I think) I walk up to the tee box and think let's just get a 4-5 and move on. I throw another two ob's and miss a ten foot putt to finish with a ten. Needless to say I was exploding.

Ouch.

Yea, I did something similar in my first tourney. I threw OB twice on hole 7 and got a 7. It's a hole I usually 3. It was all down hill from there.

I try to think that those type of days make the good days that much better. Stick with it Brother.

I lost my favorite disc on my friggin' birthday on the 12th hole and got in my car and left after nearly an hour long search. It was a gummy Gateway Illusion, and the only disc I could consistently throw over 300', and that's forehand from a guy that never throws forehand. It was and always will be the worst round ever. I tried replacing it, but it seemed to be a special run and just flew better than any other one I bought. :wall:

I bowl worse than I disc golf. Anyone who's played a round with me can just imagine what that means. So, no, I'll stick to flippin' plastic.

I still have pretty low expectations in general, so it would take a phenomenally awful to discourage me at this point.

I'm pretty much in this mode :thmbup: So far Its just a little better all the time. But, if I keep putting like I putted today, i wont have any nerves left...

Got a little burned out at the end of the summer tournament season. Nice to have snowboarding to look forward to as a winter break from disc.

It's good to have more than one recreational activity to enjoy. Disc golf can be maddening sometimes, just like any sport. The last time I felt like this thread was in April at the dgcr meetup at Flyboy. I think I must have been taking myself too seriously. That will get me every time. :rolleyes:

But I've never been frustrated enough by my play to want to quit. :)

Disc golf is like having a hot pyscho girlfriend. Just about the time youv'e had enough and are ready to bail you get a night of great sex and get sucked back in. Case in point, I'm having a horrible front 9, +12 after 8 holes,( I usually shoot between 12 and 16 over thru 18), and just about to hang it up for the day when I sink a 70 ft approach shot. Instant amnesia and am ready to finish the round.

I've played my fair share of terrible golf. I'll leave it at that. :D

A bad round of disc golf is better than just about anything else I do. Disc golf is my leisure activity. No way I'd give it up. I play one hole at a time, so I usually don't have prolonged slumps. Age has helped me to put the past behind me... good or bad.

Latest posts