• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I went disc golfing today

shoulda joined the league.
I kinda want to join a league, but my work schedule almost always interferes with it.
Tonight I had some free time, which was a fluke, and I was pumped to get out and throw some disc, but no.
This has happened to me 3 times so far this season!

Congrats... at least she knows where you'll be when you're not at home!

Yeah. I brought a few discs on our first date to get her acquainted. I figure they should be there at every important juncture, just so it's always clear that Disc Golf is going to be around. You can bet there'll be a disc golf themed grooms cake at the wedding.

I thought about throwing plastic all day at work.

I came home and posted some thoughts out on this here forum.

I shall go to bed tonight thinking about throwing plastic after work tomorrow.

Today while I was at work, I was thinking about disc golf. Then after work I went to my softball games and saw my discs in my trunk, I then thought about playing disc golf again but continued to play my softball games. When I got home, I got on the internet to talk and read about disc golf with my disc golf friends.

Sometimes when i see my disc golf discs, it makes me think about playing disc golf. This is very similar to what happened when you saw your discs in your trunk. In addition, there are times when i can not play disc golf, such as when it is dark and i can not go play a glow round. During these times, I often like to talk about disc golf on the internet.

I havnt played disc golf in about 4 days.... I thought about disc golf at least once today at work.... man how I miss my special times with disc golf.

Today I was returning some books to the library and saw someone in the neighborhood park throwing discs (not a course). That is wierd I thought to myself. I get alot of strange looks having field practice in that park. I didnt recognize him. Fortunately I was driving to the nearest disc golf course to thro a round. I met up with a couple guys I know. I took a 6 pack and gave 2 away. Nothing makes friends like ice cold beers on hole #7. Threw one of my best rounds. Then I went home and made dinner.

Last edited:
Due to familial responsibility I rarely can play disc golf these days, but at this time.. 11:01 pm I am preparing to take a crapton of discs out to the field next door and throw them back and forth until I begin to get fatigued. Then I will dream of disc golf tonight for sure.:)

Today I was returning some books to the library and saw someone in the neighborhood park throwing discs (not a course). That is wierd I thought to myself. I get alot of strange looks having field practice in that park. I didnt recognize him. Fortunately I was driving to the nearest disc golf course to thro a round. I met up with a couple guys I know. I took a 6 pack and gave 2 away. Nothing makes friends like ice cold beers on hole #7. Threw one of my best rounds. Then I went home and made dinner.

I like to eat dinner after i play disc golf, assuming the timing is right. If the timing is not right, i will usually eat dinner at the normal time and then play disc golf at a different time.

During my third round today, I saw a minivan unload it's cargo of a Mennonite family, complete with two daughters and two sons, with the sons in dress pants and button up shirts, and all the females in their dresses and funny hats. It looked odd watching them throw neon green Innova drivers, but they were into it and they weren't bad either. Was awesome seeing a whole family get in on the fun.

So today when I went disc golfing, I put a crack in my favorite Pro D Cyclone(it's super beat and hit some leaves on a tree sending it str8 to the ground and put a small crack in the dome part. Still works but you can see a crack and it will probably get worse over time) and When putting up hill I under putted and it hit a bush to the left and someone stock a thorn in my Soft Magnet. One day Two discs hurt. :-(

I awoke from a dream about disc golf at 3am and figured since I was up I may as well see who else is up during the small hours, thinking of disc golf. I logged on to this site and, what do you know, there are quite a few insomniacs that are, like me, thinking of disc golf when they should be sleeping. I remembered at that moment, when I first introduced myself on this site, quite a few disc golfers mentioned that very soon, when I wasn't disc golfing, that I would be spending a ridiculous amount of time on this site seeing what other people were thinking about disc golf......well, the disc golf store is open now, I'm gonna go buy some new golf discs and go play a couple rounds of disc golf.

I awoke from a dream about disc golf at 3am and figured since I was up I may as well see who else is up during the small hours, thinking of disc golf. I logged on to this site and, what do you know, there are quite a few insomniacs that are, like me, thinking of disc golf when they should be sleeping. I remembered at that moment, when I first introduced myself on this site, quite a few disc golfers mentioned that very soon, when I wasn't disc golfing, that I would be spending a ridiculous amount of time on this site seeing what other people were thinking about disc golf......well, the disc golf store is open now, I'm gonna go buy some new golf discs and go play a couple rounds of disc golf.

It is interesting that you should say these things, because I have had similar experiences.

Probably something in the air, as we live mere miles apart. PM me if you'd like to get together to play a round or two of disc golf someday. I'm always looking to meet local peeps to throw with, provided, that they are not too good....I don't need to feel worse about my game than I normally do:D