• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idlewild = 1 star?

I am amazed that people would go to such trouble to ensure that their home course is the #1 course. I would just be glad to have my home course in the top 10. I just wish that I still lived at my childhood home in Colorado and could play Beaver Creek every week.

I am amazed that people would go to such trouble to ensure that their home course is the #1 course. I would just be glad to have my home course in the top 10. I just wish that I still lived at my childhood home in Colorado and could play Beaver Creek every week.

I'm honored that you might think so highly of my home course but I'm sure you meant "Beaver Ranch"...

...but I could be wrong. :D

Here we have an example of an insignificant review that made a insignificant alteration to an insignificant statistic. What is significant, and troubling, is that this was dealt with by some means other than simply ignoring it. The need was seen to take it down, for the sanctity of that dubious top 10 list.

The list itself of course invites corruption, as people seek to stack the vote in one way or another to get their course a cut above others they possibly if not likely have not played. And the cure seems to be worse than the disease - if we get rid of that 1 star from a guy who was having a bad day, how many 5 stars do we get rid of because of home course bias? How many 3.5s or 4s were just put in to sabotage a rival's stats? This then becomes less about user reviews, and turns more into a game of lobbying the moderator for some intervention in the interest of getting a "justice" that is ultimately impossible to achieve.

then just read the trusted reviewers and people that drive hundreds of miles and then give a course a high rating. trust me as someone that has to drive 600-700 to play any high quality courses, I will in the back of my mind remember the long drive when playing the course so it really has to stack up. Holer in the hills is 589 miles and idlewild is a little under 900 so if I ever make the trip to either I will be expecting GREATNESS.

I guess this is a testament to the popularity of this site that people care that much where their course is rated. Ive intentionally witheld from reviewing McIver. I played it about 10 years ago when it was only 18 holes. It was nice but nothing special, I thought Timber was better at the time. It sounds like they've changed it considerably, if I get out there again I might take a crack at it.

I had no idea that people cared that much about these ratings. I guess if you created a course it would be an ego boost to be on the top ten, but come on. what is the world coming to!

I had no idea that people cared that much about these ratings. I guess if you created a course it would be an ego boost to be on the top ten, but come on. what is the world coming to!

i agree completely. why does it matter what course is rated highest? why do you care so much? if they care that much about being number one then let them do their unfair rating. just dont let it bother you. it really doesnt matter if you are the highest or second highest rated course.

I find it especially funny that that people from Idlewind are blaming FC for posting 4 and 4.5 disc reviews, then to coverup this well thought out plan of destruction those same reviewers would then review OTHER courses in order to seem legitimate. ROFL! Really!?!? Conspiricy theories for DCR? ahhhahahahaha!

Latest posts