• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If I really only use about 6 or 7 discs...

gotcha, guess i didnt see it as i was making my post. you played lost in the woods this year right? i came really close to just leaving during lunch. you enjoy it?

played by far the worst round of disc golf i've ever played. and had nothing but bad breaks on top of that. that was my second tournament. played my first ever tourney at the crucible a couple weeks beforehand. did so much better at the crucible, which was kinda puzzling.

I started off buying a ton of discs, but now I usually just buy multiples of the same mold for backup purposes.

played by far the worst round of disc golf i've ever played. and had nothing but bad breaks on top of that. that was my second tournament. played my first ever tourney at the crucible a couple weeks beforehand. did so much better at the crucible, which was kinda puzzling.

Yeah I just looked at the scores, I got you by one stroke. It was a rough couple of rounds.

If anybody has an oddball fetish contact me and I can help your addiction for much cheaper than retail.

I lately seem to like to try discs that no one likes. Got me a Maximizer and hear nothing but "It flips hard when thrown hard but fades like mad if thrown light"

Havent thrown it yet but we got a few different skill levels between me, my fiance, and the 2 boys so if it can work for anyone at all, we probably have that person, unless its too much for me.

Coolest thing happened this week. A friend of mine had an old roommate move and and leave his discs. So the friend gave them to me. 6 discs, and 3 of them were custom stamps.

The weirdest disc was an Innova Coupe 150g with (c) 1993 on it and a custom stamp.

I am currently carrying about 10 discs in my bag and I use all of them routinely. Some I carry for just one specific hole. Some have pretty much the same flight, but they feel slighly different so I'll pull one over the other just because it feels right. I really don't NEED anything more.

But...

Three of the discs in my bag are white and although this major snow storm missed me :mad: What can i say, I love the snow. I need to replace those discs.

So what do I do? Well instead of buying duplicates of all 3 with something colorful, I buy only 2. 1 of the white discs is a Buzzz and I do own a couple others in something other than white. Well I can't stop there now can I? Nope. I add 4 others. 3 I've never tried but I think might work out and 1 for the gf so she doesn't feel left out.

I need 3, so I buy 6. :doh:

:D

I am currently carrying about 10 discs in my bag and I use all of them routinely. Some I carry for just one specific hole. Some have pretty much the same flight, but they feel slighly different so I'll pull one over the other just because it feels right. I really don't NEED anything more.

But...

Three of the discs in my bag are white and although this major snow storm missed me :mad: What can i say, I love the snow. I need to replace those discs.

So what do I do? Well instead of buying duplicates of all 3 with something colorful, I buy only 2. 1 of the white discs is a Buzzz and I do own a couple others in something other than white. Well I can't stop there now can I? Nope. I add 4 others. 3 I've never tried but I think might work out and 1 for the gf so she doesn't feel left out.

I need 3, so I buy 6. :doh:

:D

I just took my ESP Stalker out of the bag because it is white and I want to resist temptation when I go out in the snow. :mad:

On the bright side, or maybe not; I added a few back in for tryouts because they are bright colored and the plastic they are. Looks like my TL is going to get another shot to find a spot, although it would probably have to unseat my Leopard, just too similar.

Also anxious to try my Monarch again which had some success FH hyzer flip, but it will also be the fastest disc I have thrown BH for quite a while. if I decide to try it that way..

lol i bet this is a common problem among DGers!

It's a problem among men, LOL. Every guy I know has an expensive hobby. DG is much less expensive than some of the others that my friends have, like stargazing, guitars (I dabble here), photography, ball golf, etc.

I have quite a few discs, but I can honestly say I use most of them. And the ones I don't use, I'd love to trade off after I tried and didn't gel with them for one reason or another. Most of my discs are duplicates of ones I carry. And I use those on the practice field, or when I lose a disc.

Latest posts