• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If You Could Only Carry 5 Discs - Which Do you Choose and Why?

JK Aviar
Toro
Orion LS
Draco
Wraith

Shot one of my lowest rounds yesterday with 7 molds. Those 5 were the ones I threw multiple times.

Took the distance drivers out of my bag for a few weeks so I can focus on smooth distance and work the summer runup back in. Why not update my 5 disc bag as well.

Wizard
Iguana
Crave
Chameleon
Tyrant

White Dx Aviar
Green Champ Rhyno
Yellow Star Roc3
Orange Star Teebird
Yellow S-line PD Freak

Most of my shots are covered by the Roc3, it flips a litte and fades a little. It takes most shots where some would use putters instead. It can do any straight shots and slight annys that need to hold for long and softly fade out for a nice landing. The Teebird is beat in and my max distance driver. I can hyzerflip it to 350 feet (thats the longest hole on my local course) and it will have a mellow fade. The PD takes care of all long hyzer lines, I can also do a fairly good sky anny with it as well. The Rhyno covers any hyzer upshots and the Aviar is for putting and the rare turnover upshot.

If I only used these 5, the biggest thing I would miss out on are 2 other Roc3s, a Teebird and an additional PD. I have other discs in my bag, but they rarely see play.

Last edited:
While I do have more discs in my bag, these are the ones I commonly use....

Putter/Backhand Approach: MVP NeutronOhm
Forehand Approach: Innova Star Rat
Straight Mid: Axiom Neutron Hex
Overstable Mid: MVP Neutron Reactor
Utility Mid: NSH 3d Printed Dwayne

Franklin starter set with two extra drivers, because they won't last more than a couple of tree hits before they become rollers.

Meh current bag isn't too different.

Envy soft electron 174g
Envy plasma or neutron 167g
Uplink soft 180g
Rhythm 172g cct
Tesla neutron 165g

ESP Scorch 174g
ESP Athena 160g
ESP Comet 168g
Cryztal Sparkle Comet 177g
Z Swirl Fierce 174g
Fierce 174g

That's not 5 comets. That is also not 5 discs. :D

Heck man, I carry more than 5 Comets in my daily bag! :D

166g LE ESP
180g Icon ESP
168g Z
180g Cryztal Sparkle
180g Z Swirl
180g Z

I guess I could do away with the Icon ESP one, to limit myself to 5...

Otherwise, I'd just ditch the Scorch from my first list...

I would choose ones that go into a bag or cart and then post about them in a disc forum and not a bag and cart forum =)

It always seemed a little odd to me that the Newbie Intro section has a "what if you could only bring 3 discs" thread stickied, the Bag Suggestions section has a "what if you could only bring 25 discs" thread stickied, the Bags section has a "what if you could only bring 5 discs" thread, possibly previously stickied, while the Discs section has had several threads including a "what if you could only bring 4 discs" thread that went to 17 pages, but none of them were stickied so they came and went.

Probably they all fit best in the Bag Suggestions forum, else Discs.

I can't do this again without knowing the course. Gaps vs. distance vs. terrain etc.

I throw an Envy a lot though, and also a Teebird. Been moving towards the GG Halo Wraith as my workhorse driver FH/BH. But max D is a G* Corvette up here at altitude.

It really depends on how many tees place specific demands on the shot.

So I played a round yesterday with my wife and figured it'd be fun and easier to just carry around two separate 5 disc setups

I bagged:
D-Line Alpaca
Z-Flx Zone
Sparkle SP Rift
Lucid Felon
Fusion Trespass

Her "beginner" bag I cobbled together:
SSS Wizard
Z Sol
KC Pro Roc
DX Cheetah (136 grams lol)
DX Eagle (pretty beat up)

I shot about as well (or poorly depending on who you ask) as I would have with a full bag. She had some great throws with the Wizard and actually out drove me with the Eagle on one hole

Latest posts