• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Im stuck at 320 any pointers?

jhearn!

Thanks dude! I tried what you said last weekend, and it worked well!

What ive been trying to teach myself is that the foot plant is the trigger. I can feel the moment the foot is planted securley and im trying to make that point the instincive explosion that whips hips sholders and THEN arm.

also i noticed that focusing on keeping hte disc close to the chest in hte pull thorugh generated a lot more spin. and that has helped me too.

ive been trying to put together all the advice fomr everyone here and thingas are getting much better. I will try and post some new vids once im comfortable with the changes. I still slip way too easily back to the form ive had for the last 2years ish!

I watched the tee-bird throw... One thing I noticed is that you are concentrating too much on arm speed. You are accelerating your arm fastest as it moves across your chest. To get the most distance you will want to continue your acceleration through the release - which probably means starting off your motion slower, with a good reach back.

Here is an excellent video with 3 pros with different throwing styles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7hqpMjsSg&feature=related

Notice their reach back and follow through..

this video/thread/board will teach you everything you need to get great distance:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9959

Working from the hit back will help you find all of the subtle flaws in your form.

This video is excellent, thanks dude!!
After watching this video plenty i went out to the park with a bag of 12 driver and threw for about 1.5 hours. Best results came from teebirds and sidewinders, found that starting the pull slow and then really trying to whip it through was best. In fact according to google earth i threw 5 throws over 360ft, and 2 over 410! (flex shot boss and destroyer) (i did throw about 200 discs that day though)

anyway my arm was sore for the rest of the week, and DG on sunday was as good as it was bad. definate progress though.

Now just to put this all together.....

i have learned to to trust tight distances like that on google earth...no offense, but i've seen it be off 100 feet over a 1/4 stretch... (drag strip) so at 1320 feet, it was around 7.5% off...just FYI, could be dead on in other cases though...

too get a bit more distance more rotation of the body will always help. However most people dont realize that rotation can actually end up hurting a shot more than it helps a shot. Pay attention to which direction your energy is being used. The closer the energy u use is to straight toward the basket the more linear force there is, resulting in a longer and more accurate drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nED7gcXobEo

check out this 6-7 minute video. I went down to a field and worked through these drills last week. Woke up the next morning feeling like I had been doing hard labor ;). Couple days later I was out on the course throwing with more confidence/control and my drives increased 40-50 feet at times.

I need to get back out for round II - anyway, one of the better instructional videos I've seen re: Disc Golf driving technique

This video is excellent, thanks dude!!
After watching this video plenty i went out to the park with a bag of 12 driver and threw for about 1.5 hours. Best results came from teebirds and sidewinders, found that starting the pull slow and then really trying to whip it through was best. In fact according to google earth i threw 5 throws over 360ft, and 2 over 410! (flex shot boss and destroyer) (i did throw about 200 discs that day though)

anyway my arm was sore for the rest of the week, and DG on sunday was as good as it was bad. definate progress though.

Now just to put this all together.....

No problem, glad it helped!