• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] In defense of Innova...

Destroyers, Bosses, Sidewinders, Firebirds, Xcalibers, Teebirds are all what I drive with. When your molding and selling a metric **** ton of discs a month, not every one is going to be molded the same. Granted the tops being changed sucks, and I don't like most of their newer stuff, they're in business to make money. Innova makes awesome drivers, but I love my buzzzes and stalkers. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You're sick of being ranting, move along and dont read it. You creating this thread makes you into the same thing you're sick of, someone ranting on the forum.

Just my $.02

Destroyers, Bosses, Sidewinders, Firebirds, Xcalibers, Teebirds are all what I drive with. When your molding and selling a metric **** ton of discs a month, not every one is going to be molded the same. Granted the tops being changed sucks, and I don't like most of their newer stuff, they're in business to make money. Innova makes awesome drivers, but I love my buzzzes and stalkers. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You're sick of being ranting, move along and dont read it. You creating this thread makes you into the same thing you're sick of, someone ranting on the forum.

Just my $.02

Yes, but I am ranting in the opposite direction, so that's gotta count for something, right? ;)

American manufacturing output isn't in decline. It's manufacturing employment that is in decline: we've gotten better and better at producing more stuff with fewer people:

mfg1.jpg

Exactly right. Corporations love to have things made by people making less than 2 dollars an hour and having way less restrictions and rules on the environment. :\

We need to start imposing higher import taxes to offset some of this.

Exactly right. Corporations love to have things made by people making less than 2 dollars an hour and having way less restrictions and rules on the environment. :\

We need to start imposing higher import taxes to offset some of this.

No...because then my sweet Lat 64 and Westside discs will cost too much

American manufacturing output isn't in decline. It's manufacturing employment that is in decline: we've gotten better and better at producing more stuff with fewer people:

mfg1.jpg

Nice Chart but manufacturing is about 11 percent of U.S. GDP. That is pretty weak. For most of its history, America has also been a major producer of tradable goods – things like steel, airplanes, semiconductors, machinery, appliances, and so forth. Indeed, we still produce some of these things, but far fewer than we used to. As a result, manufacturing as a percent of GDP has been in steady decline from about 25 percent in the early 1980s to today's roughly 11 percent.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go make a thread now about how Roc throwers shouldn't hate the Buzzz. I mean, it's the best disc on the market. Why can't you just accept that? The Buzzz has done so much for players who use it! It appalls me at how many people hate on the Buzzz all of the time. Why can't you Buzzz haters just shut up about it already!?:|

A lot of the change is due to mechanization, not cheap foreign labor. American manufacturing jobs are being replaced by robots as much as they're being replaced by the Vietnamese. I recommend this excellent Atlantic article, which offers a far more thorough dissection of the issue than a DGCR forum post can hope to.

Nice Chart but manufacturing is about 11 percent of U.S. GDP. That is pretty weak. For most of its history, America has also been a major producer of tradable goods – things like steel, airplanes, semiconductors, machinery, appliances, and so forth. Indeed, we still produce some of these things, but far fewer than we used to. As a result, manufacturing as a percent of GDP has been in steady decline from about 25 percent in the early 1980s to today's roughly 11 percent.

Taking the relative perspective seems strange to me. Manufacturing output in the US has not shrunk. It has grown. It is just that other parts of the economy have grown faster.