• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Incorrectly added courses

wolfhaley

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So I noticed a couple courses that were added today. When clicking on them I noticed they each had United States where it should say the state. Example: Bluffton, United States. It should have read as Bluffton, IN. I'm not sure how this happens, regardless this adds courses to the map in incorrect places. In this example both courses that were added showed up east of Indianapolis, in basically the same spot. I fixed both of these already. I thought I'd check for some other mislabeled ones and just readjust the position on the map. I ran across one I just added yesterday https://www.dgcoursereview.com/courses/brittlebank-park-
dgc.14868

Or so I thought. I wasn't showing up on the map when I added it. This one is not in Mt. Vernon KY. I don't even believe that's a place. It's in Mt. Vernon IN. Either way I marked this one as extinct, though it never existed in the first place. Can it just be deleted entirely @greens

My question is who is watching this type of thing. Can we possibly flag some courses that come up without a state and just the United States. Some kind of vetting process. This has happened more and more recently. I'd like to not have to look at a Udisc type of map if possible. We're better than that.

So I noticed a couple courses that were added today. When clicking on them I noticed they each had United States where it should say the state. Example: Bluffton, United States. It should have read as Bluffton, IN. I'm not sure how this happens, regardless this adds courses to the map in incorrect places. In this example both courses that were added showed up east of Indianapolis, in basically the same spot. I fixed both of these already. I thought I'd check for some other mislabeled ones and just readjust the position on the map. I ran across one I just added yesterday https://www.dgcoursereview.com/courses/brittlebank-park-
dgc.14868

Or so I thought. I wasn't showing up on the map when I added it. This one is not in Mt. Vernon KY. I don't even believe that's a place. It's in Mt. Vernon IN. Either way I marked this one as extinct, though it never existed in the first place. Can it just be deleted entirely @greens

My question is who is watching this type of thing. Can we possibly flag some courses that come up without a state and just the United States. Some kind of vetting process. This has happened more and more recently. I'd like to not have to look at a Udisc type of map if possible. We're better than that.
I fixed Shipwreck Cove in Erie Stat Park in 2016, I basically changed what city is near as directions as it had Brockton as where Dunkirk/Fredonia is using. Also, using city on U-disc.

Yes, I know people who use here only for finding courses because some open to public but private courses do no show up on U-Disc for obvious reasons of not wanting every disc golf person online finding course, only more mature disc golfers who would not vandalize course with a bunch of charge ports on tee pads, benches, or tables and people drawing fake electric outlets on tee box number posts. Also, some private made for public courses on here can have a Call ahead of time due to how popular course is during busy season or are only open on weekends because of a main job during the week.

Last edited:
Double checked again and the incorrect Brittlebank Park DGC was marked as non extinct again apparently. There's not a course there.

No One Page GIF

One of the things I liked about the way Tim ran things in the past is he was much more focused on the review side of things and was on top of this faster than anyone actually noticed it happening. I know Greens is busy but it would be nice if someone were on top of the review side and gave it the attention it deserves. Right now it seems like the inmates are running the asylum.

One of the things I liked about the way Tim ran things in the past is he was much more focused on the review side of things and was on top of this faster than anyone actually noticed it happening.

Well @timg is the brainchild behind what I'm posting on right now. Agreed though that he focused more on the review aspect of DGC REVIEW.com. I never once had any type of issue with Tim. On the contrary. He was nothing but a patient gentleman. And I had to have annoyed the piss out of him on countless occasions.

That said, @greens is doing things that the old guard on here aren't used to and don't like. It's time though. And Greens has been nothing but receptive and patient as well. It seems like he's kind of moderating solo at this point. Haven't seen Grip in a bit, Zenny in forever and ThreePutt anywhere other than MLB, NFL or Comet things.

That said, I nominate you to be in charge of this. I'm too busy adding courses and being a content creator and influencer. ;)

Inspire Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Well @timg is the brainchild behind what I'm posting on right now. Agreed though that he focused more on the review aspect of DGC REVIEW.com. I never once had any type of issue with Tim. On the contrary. He was nothing but a patient gentleman. And I had to have annoyed the piss out of him on countless occasions.

Yeah Tim was great, had no issues with Tim.

That said, @greens is doing things that the old guard on here aren't used to and don't like. It's time though. And Greens has been nothing but receptive and patient as well. It seems like he's kind of moderating solo at this point. Haven't seen Grip in a bit, Zenny in forever and ThreePutt anywhere other than MLB, NFL or Comet things.

Yeah I agree, Greens has been great, especially since he was taking it in the teeth there when he first took over. He's been doing good work here for sure and I appreciate his efforts and especially trying to give us the best experience here and listening to our feedback.

I don't know what Grip is doing but my understanding is that Zenny and Threeputt were burned out and on their way out before Greens took over. They are listed as mods still last time I checked but for all intents and purposes are no longer mods. Not sure if my understanding is correct or not. I have feelings about them as mods but discretion is the better part of valor....

That said, I nominate you to be in charge of this. I'm too busy adding courses and being a content creator and influencer. ;)

Inspire Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I think you're kidding? IF you're serious then this is my response:

Well if you remember I used to be a moderator here a long time ago during the hay days of DGCR. I gave up the job cuz reasons (rather not say why in the open forums) but I might consider it again if I was wanted/needed. I'm much more interested in being a mod or admin or whatever you want to call it for the review side than I would be for the forum side of things. @greens knows where to find me.

Well if you remember I used to be a moderator here a long time ago during the hay days of DGCR. I gave up the job cuz reasons (rather not say why in the open forums) but I might consider it again if I was wanted/needed. I'm much more interested in being a mod or admin or whatever you want to call it for the review side than I would be for the forum side of things. @greens knows where to find me.

I don't actually remember when you were a mod. That would've been back in my days of just browsing the maps for hours on end and planning trip after trip to bag all the courses in WI lol. That was years of doing that.

I was kidding of course, You'd be good at it though. Maybe @greens should put out some feelers to trusted reviewers who could help with the review/new course approval/RIPed aspect. That's a whole thing and I'd think you'd want a few people to be involved in that. I'd be down if I wasn't so terrible with computers lol. If you look at the last 12 pages of course "discussions" which is basically adding a course, I've probably added half of them almost. While doing that I've RIPed a few too when browsing the map. Someone should be approving some of these things though.

I had brought up some issues with the media side of the site. He did attempt to make me a "media moderator" giving me some things others can't do. It didn't work and I have not talked to him about it in a few weeks.

Greens has so much on his plate, it would be cool if he can eventually turn over some "moderating" to volunteers. Shoot, I already pay this site and I still want to volunteer to be able to correct things that TimG always did when I sent him a message.

While I try to stick to courses I know about and fix issues that I know are wrong, adding someone who can fix these issues when reported would help Greens concentrate on building the site better and better.

Yeah Tim was great, had no issues with Tim.

Yeah I agree, Greens has been great, especially since he was taking it in the teeth there when he first took over. He's been doing good work here for sure and I appreciate his efforts and especially trying to give us the best experience here and listening to our feedback.

I don't know what Grip is doing but my understanding is that Zenny and Threeputt were burned out and on their way out before Greens took over. They are listed as mods still last time I checked but for all intents and purposes are no longer mods. Not sure if my understanding is correct or not. I have feelings about them as mods but discretion is the better part of valor....

In mid 2020 I left for 4--5 years because one guy who was a Gateway fan hated every one of my posts including last ones before I was back in 2023. Guy managed in 2017--2018 to get a guy ban who hated name of a Discraft putter Roach ban though he was slowly becoming crazy and a guy who everyone loved quit or dove him out, leaving his account, Jukeshoe/JukeShoe on his first account coming back in 2019--2020 before being ban again because of guy. Threeputt was having to talk to guy (both played in same area or similar) about why he was singling me out eventually on every post for what was he claimed was me lying or making mistakes all the time when I was finding info links on some topics even when guy was nice in person.

I even Apologized on mistakes or similar outbursts he would help trigger/egg me on in comment, was in 2015--very early 2020 at latest I had.

I also had a hard time using older site because you had 5 min for fixing comment. I have big spelling error /words not separated or badly worded sentence would be bad and I have had numbers dyslexia and spelling dyslexia/similar spelling-minor reading one issue since I could read. Also Said to Threeputt how guy he had been helping people get booted off of here including and how he was ranting about site having an other's page for threads yet he used them near end. I did get better so in 2018 I was and by end of my time in early 2020/2019 until 2023 I was able to get likes.

Sorry I forget guys name and I am not going to search old threads for a guy who may not be on here because of his distaste for major changes on sites even if changes help a site look better with a possible abandon account. I would have to search for a guy I never liked because he was making fun of me since day one on my account not just like a few people who would make fun of my numbers dyslexia and my mild/mid level Aspergers. Threeputt would know who I am talking about but one of his last comments was in the end of 2023 saying I am back.

Most of my problems are on fact old comments prior latest update now could not be deleted by users If I had made a bad unreadable post or fixed messed up a comment after 5 min mark unless approved by moderators where I had said some bad things because this guy would single out individuals like me so I would be in a bad mood.

I know one of my last comments on here was my saying I am Bi when crappy (MAGA Republican/MAGA Bot or Russian bot people posing as MAGA) made a post for when Andrew Presnell/Pressnell he had come out as Gay in 2020 and I made my rant saying how whole page was made by a bot or if not a one and done needing to be ban.

Last edited:
In mid 2020 I left for 4--5 years because one guy who was a Gateway fan hated every one of my posts including last ones before I was back in 2023. Guy managed in 2017--2018 to get a guy ban who hated name of a Discraft putter Roach ban though he was slowly becoming crazy and a guy who everyone loved quit or dove him out, leaving his account, Jukeshoe/JukeShoe on his first account coming back in 2019--2020 before being ban again because of guy. Threeputt was having to talk to guy (both played in same area or similar) about why he was singling me out eventually on every post for what was he claimed was me lying or making mistakes all the time when I was finding info links on some topics even when guy was nice in person.

I even Apologized on mistakes or similar outbursts he would help trigger/egg me on in comment, was in 2015--very early 2020 at latest I had.

I also had a hard time using older site because you had 5 min for fixing comment. I have big spelling error /words not separated or badly worded sentence would be bad and I have had numbers dyslexia and spelling dyslexia/similar spelling-minor reading one issue since I could read. Also Said to Threeputt how guy he had been helping people get booted off of here including and how he was ranting about site having an other's page for threads yet he used them near end. I did get better so in 2018 I was and by end of my time in early 2020/2019 until 2023 I was able to get likes.

Sorry I forget guys name and I am not going to search old threads for a guy who may not be on here because of his distaste for major changes on sites even if changes help a site look better with a possible abandon account. I would have to search for a guy I never liked because he was making fun of me since day one on my account not just like a few people who would make fun of my numbers dyslexia and my mild/mid level Aspergers. Threeputt would know who I am talking about but one of his last comments was in the end of 2023 saying I am back.

Most of my problems are on fact old comments prior latest update now could not be deleted by users If I had made a bad unreadable post or fixed messed up a comment after 5 min mark unless approved by moderators where I had said some bad things because this guy would single out individuals like me so I would be in a bad mood.

I know one of my last comments on here was my saying I am Bi when crappy (MAGA Republican/MAGA Bot or Russian bot people posing as MAGA) made a post for when Andrew Presnell/Pressnell he had come out as Gay in 2020 and I made my rant saying how whole page was made by a bot or if not a one and done needing to be ban.

It's not ok to make fun of people especially for things that aren't their fault. I'm sorry that you've had trouble here in the past. This is a place that should be all inclusive to all disc golfers and we should embrace our differences not ostracize people. This stems from their insecurity, it says more about them then it does about you. I've been an openly Gay disc golfer for over 20 years, at a time when no one else was, at least that I know of and had to deal with things within the DG community that I rather would not have to but I feel it's gotten much better since those times. If you ever need someone to talk to about anything please send me a message.

It's not ok to make fun of people especially for things that aren't their fault. I'm sorry that you've had trouble here in the past. This is a place that should be all inclusive to all disc golfers and we should embrace our differences not ostracize people. This stems from their insecurity, it says more about them then it does about you. I've been an openly Gay disc golfer for over 20 years, at a time when no one else was, at least that I know of and had to deal with things within the DG community that I rather would not have to but I feel it's gotten much better since those times. If you ever need someone to talk to about anything please send me a message.
A few were my fault on here becuse of said guy who pissed off a bunch of people and looks like they are gone.

Anyhow we are getting off topic, also not sure of Discraft guy was Anderew Presnell or Andrew Maraweed (sorry for his name misspelling) both were sponsored by Discraft when they came fully out so I forget which player 2020 and I was on page as were you. I have been me since I was 22 in 2011 knowing I was bi, but not open unless people ask given current environment and state I live in.

Lets, get back on topic, my bad for letting us go stray.

Last edited: