• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indianapolis area, 7/13-15

Gonna be in Indianapolis July 13-15 and was wondering where I should go to throw during that time. I'm staying in downtown Indy and will be able to drive anywhere within reason. Please post some suggestions on here or PM me if you'd be interested in meeting up for a round or two. Thanks a bunch!

I was just in Indy in early June. My bro in law and I played George Washington Park and Brookside. GW was in a slightly rougher neighborhood.(There was a stray pit bull next to hole 11 vomiting and then eating his vomit while shaking uncontrollably. Young girls sitting on picnic tables screaming profanities on the phone.) However, the second nine was pretty nice. Brookside on the other hand was pretty solid overall. Fairly nice park with some really cool elevated throws.

James A Dillon is up north in Noblesville and is supposed to be pretty good but we didn't get a chance to play it.

Have fun.

James Dillon is overrated, front nine is fun but the back nine is a wide open field. Brookside and Washington make a nice combo and are a lot closer to downtown.

Thanks for the replies! Probably play the Indy courses early Friday morning as I'll be heading home early Friday evening. Gonna drive to Peru area for those courses Wed morning and then to Idlewild on Thurs morning.

James Dillon is overrated, front nine is fun but the back nine is a wide open field. Brookside and Washington make a nice combo and are a lot closer to downtown.

^^^ Agreed. Great front 9, play it twice if you go. I heard they're going to be planting lots of trees on the back which will be great for the course once they grow some.

Washington and Brookside are in a shady part of town, but the courses are both good and compliment each other well.

The Hill @ Northview Church in Carmel, IN is getting good reviews and I've heard good things about Longely Park in Lebanon, but I haven't been to either yet.