• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova to Discraft back to Innova

dkoz

Eagle Member
I started throwing Innova just because that's whats in my local sporting store.Well the more i played I started to really like Discraft disc but as of lately my friend told me to throw a champion wraith 175 and I was throwing that disc out about 320 and also a champion Beast 174 about 340. I know to most thats not a far throw but for me " Lefty" it is. I usually drive with a esp avenger ss 174 that goes about 270-300 for me but its a str line , with the beast on a good throw iam actually getting the s curve which iam excited about! I just ordered the champion archon 172 not sure if its going to work for me but we will see.

If it works, who cares what company makes it.
Brand loyalty is stupid and only limits you.
Just remember, it's the Indian, not the Arrow. ;)

A mixed bag is where it's at.

I personally carry discraft, discmania, Latitude 64, Innova, and Gateway.

Both companies, and even a few more including Discmania, Lat64, and Gateway all make fantastic plastic.

So many good molds out there these days the only reason to keep one brand in your bag is if you're sponsored pro.

Unless you are getting paidto throw one company or trying to get sponsored, you are limiting yourself. Look at Nikko, he has a mixed bag

Unless you are getting paidto throw one company or trying to get sponsored, you are limiting yourself. Look at Nikko, he has a mixed bag

Innova everything plus wizards?

edit: It basically comes down to throwing what you feel comfortable with. There is no advantage or disadvantage of throwing a multiple/single brand bag. If you are comfortable with everything you will play better regardless of how mixed or singular it is.

Last edited:
I bought alot of Innova and Discraft disc's i just like Discraft better , I carry a mix in my bag but mostly Discraft. Over the last few weeks i've been driving with the champion wraith and beast with some success!

Same thing happened to me when i got my lat 64 vision, it added a good 20-30 feet over my avenger SS's.

I like lat 64 and innova for drivers, Discraft for mids, and gateway for putters. Not sure why but it seems to work best for me. Also I like all of them in the ESP/Star/GL versions of them. maybe because of the consistency (not having to worry about it breaking in to fast)

Mixed bag it is! I carry Innova, Latitude 64 and Gateway. Nothing against Discraft, I used to carry an Avenger SS that I loved, but I lost it.

Innova, Latitude 64, Westside and Discraft, I rarely throw my two disc raft discs though.

Brand loyalty is fine. The 3 top companies have all bases covered. Your job is to learn how to throw the disc.

I agree with throwing what ever molds work for you. I throw discraft mids, innova drivers, gateway putters... Just the way the bag came together.

only Champion Innova!!

I personally only throw Champion Innova Plastic. I tried some discraft and lat64 but they don't fly for me. Not like my champion wraith or Boss. I average 400+ with my champions. I've tried throw different kinds of discs with the same flight. My sweet spot is -1 High speed turn and 3 Low speed turn. Like Champion Orc, Wraith, Boss, Eagle. But other discs with same flight don't fly the same as my Champions do. I'm the only one I've ever seen and or played against that's not a pro that's only has one kind of plastic in their bag. But as im getting looked at by Innova and have spoken to some of there Star Team members ( Avery & Val Jenkins, Ken Climo) they say it looks good when trying to get a sponsored. But like some people said. It's not what plastic you throw its how comfortable you are throwing it.

Half of my bag is Lat64, and the other half is a mix of Innova and Discraft. Just waiting for Lat64 to get a bigger lineup and make their own variants of the molds I throw.

I throw a fairly mixed bag with Innova, Lat 64, Discraft, and MVP... although I am finding less room for my Discraft and more room for Lat 64 lately and MVP is still in a "testing" phase with me

I used a mix bag of Innova, Discmania, DGA, Lat64, and Gateway. I've thrown lots of Discraft but never fell in love with their plastics. Like their molds though as DGA holds quite a few spaces in the bag. Might be the only one but I really like the Titanic....hope it comes in the SP plastic soon.

Latest posts