• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

InStep DG200

crouchingwombat

Birdie Member
Hi all,
I was looking around at baskets to see if I should make one myself or buy one and I came across this InStep DG200 at amazon.com.
I was wondering if anyone else has one of these and if it is a complete pos or worth the $70 bucks. I was going to add an extra row of chains on the inside also.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Got one via ebay over a year ago. Good basket for the price. I added a second set of chains as well. The instructions are posted over on the PDGA forum.

ERic

i got mine over a year ago also...if you add the second set of chains they are fantastic for the price...even if you don't they'll catch fairly well...but i recommend the second chains for sure...

cool, thanks for the info. I just found a review for them at discgolfreview. I think I'm going to get one, it looks like the amazon one is the least expensive so far.

Great basket, I never added the chains and it caught just fine. My only complaint about it was I missed the "Ching" sound you get with other baskets. But for the price it was worth it to me to keep the ching sound in my pocket.

I love mine. took $20 to add a second set of chains, but it catches better and makes a nicer sound now:

Basket4.jpg

Basket3.jpg

Basket2.jpg

Discgolfpractice1-1.jpg

I have also had mine for over a year and love it. I havn't added a second row of chains and it still makes the "ching" sound for me. For the price you can't beat it and like others posted it can be modified pretty cheap and easy if needed.

i've got one as well, it was definitely worth the money to me. works great in the backyard, but breaks down very quick and easy to take to the local park.

I nearly bought these (sight unseen) for my private course as the least-expensive option, before coming up with a home-made hanging basket design for $22.00.
How would these do as permanent baskets ?

Last edited:
I bought 2 of these and didn't put in an inner set of chains, but I did pull the top link of each chain in toward the center to make the catch area smaller. As delivered, the width spanned by the chains is a few inches more forgiving than a Chainstar of Mach permanent basket.

I've had them for 7-8 months and there is a bit of rust on a few chain links, but overall they were an excellent buy.

Got two for Christmas...... love em..... they have improved my game especialy putting......I plan on asking for more next Christmas ( for my future private course ).......

I was unsure about this basket as well but after hearing your reviews I might pick one up too!

Last edited:
The kit comes with 3 discs but they are just cheap plastic (not PDGA approved).

Actually... they are PDGA approved. Look under "Pacific Cycle" as the Manufacturer/Distributor in the Approved Discs doc:
http://www.pdga.com/tech-standards -->
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA_approved_discs_012009.pdf

But they are really cheap discs.

what's the difference between the instep and the pacific outdoors baskets?

Same thing.

ERic

I love mine. took $20 to add a second set of chains, but it catches better and makes a nicer sound now:

Note that the general consensus on 2x chains is that the top outer diameter chains should connect to the smaller ring at the bottom, and the top inner diameter chains should connect to a larger ring at the bottom. I.e. they cross each other.

Here's the link to my gallery of my InStep basket.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ericjubin/DiscGolfGoal
Note that the box branding is "Pacific Outdoors".

ERic

My question is would you rather have an instep that will rust over time so you end up buying 2 or 3 in 20 years or one great basket that costs more but won't rust like a Mach 3 or discatcher? Just wondering?

Latest posts