• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

InStep DG200

Just got mine in the mail today! I set it up and went to ace hardware to buy some chains, mistake, ace hardware is expensive...
For the bottom rings I just used some cable. It worked well I didn't even need to buy any s hooks because I could use the cable at the bottom and the extra hooks for the 7 new chains. I'll get some pictures up sooner or later, my computer has crashed and it is absolutely useless.

I love it! Before you know it i'll be in the pro tour with my amazing putting ability!

Just got mine in the mail today! I set it up and went to ace hardware to buy some chains, mistake, ace hardware is expensive...
For the bottom rings I just used some cable. It worked well I didn't even need to buy any s hooks because I could use the cable at the bottom and the extra hooks for the 7 new chains. I'll get some pictures up sooner or later, my computer has crashed and it is absolutely useless.

I love it! Before you know it i'll be in the pro tour with my amazing putting ability!

Ok, we're holding you too it :p

I nearly bought these (sight unseen) for my private course as the least-expensive option, before coming up with a home-made hanging basket design for $22.00.
How would these do as permanent baskets ?

Not to steal the thread but can you share these designs?

Note that the general consensus on 2x chains is that the top outer diameter chains should connect to the smaller ring at the bottom, and the top inner diameter chains should connect to a larger ring at the bottom. I.e. they cross each other.

Here's the link to my gallery of my InStep basket.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ericjubin/DiscGolfGoal
Note that the box branding is "Pacific Outdoors".

ERic

Yea, I was thinking about changing mine

Well I made my own because it looked like a fun hobby. It is not perfect, but it was a blast building. Made me really appreciate baskets more.

If you are not very handy than I would buy that one. If you are and enjoy constructing things then give it a shot.

I have made two baskets now and really get a kick out of it. Buying just seems too easy.

If I was going to buy one I would get one that would last for ages so you can use it forever or resale it.

Well I made my own because it looked like a fun hobby. It is not perfect, but it was a blast building. Made me really appreciate baskets more.

If you are not very handy than I would buy that one. If you are and enjoy constructing things then give it a shot.

I have made two baskets now and really get a kick out of it. Buying just seems too easy.

If I was going to buy one I would get one that would last for ages so you can use it forever or resale it.

I made one myself. I really enjoyed doing it and it catches pretty well. However, I couldn't pass up the Insteps for my birthday and Christmas.

I just added a 2nd set of chains to one of my Insteps for the first time tonight when I got home from playing 27 holes at the Bedford School District DGC. It went so well that I'm going to pick up more chain, s-hooks & rings at Lowes tomorrow and hope to upgrade the other three for my home course.

Once I get this done, I'm going to see if I can add the course to the sight. I have 18 holes set up, playing to 6 pin placements. I'll be glad to have people come to play it if they pm me.

Crud. I forgot to mention that the upgraded Instep catches a bunch better. It went from catching pretty poorly, to catching really, really well. I'm very pleased with the simple modification. :clap:

Thanks Biker and ERicJ, and anyone else who suggested the upgrade. The pics and information really helped me out a lot.

Dude, if you lived in Texas that would be sweet to play your home course... if only. I would review it and post it on here.

I got my two baskets out at my place but my wife would never let people I meet on the internet come play my course lol.

Dude, if you lived in Texas that would be sweet to play your home course... if only. I would review it and post it on here.

I got my two baskets out at my place but my wife would never let people I meet on the internet come play my course lol.

Thanks, man.

There will be an intense screening process. ;)

Thanks, man.

There will be an intense screening process. ;)

Something like this?

"Please fill this form out"

Name:

DOB:

Mothers maiden name:

Last 4 digits in your social:

Will you kill me?(If so be specific):

Are you a stalker?:

Something like this?

"Please fill this form out"

Name:

DOB:

Mothers maiden name:

Last 4 digits in your social:

Will you kill me?(If so be specific):

Are you a stalker?:

That just about sums it up. Although, if I have a stalker on this site, I'd be pretty flattered. ;)

Made the extra chain upgrade to my other three Insteps yesterday. I'm so happy with how much better they catch now I just have to post again.

The people at Lowes wonder what the heck I'm doing when I have them cut all of the pieces of chain to length for me... down the the exact link count. :D

But now I have to upgrade the chains on my other two baskets to get them up to speed. :doh:

I forget how many links I needed I think 24? Anyways I tell the guy I need like 20 strands with 24 links in each strand. (I even write it down for him)

Well he goes to work while I look around the store.

I get my strands take them home and get to work only to find he cut me 20 strands all with 23 links. dooh!

I had to take them all back and show the guy, I felt really dumb buying weird stuff in the first place then I had to get him to start all over and restock the screwed up chain that nobody will ever buy.

I'm so paranoid. I actually counted out the links myself and marked each link with masking tape that he was to cut out. It took some extra time, but I did get what I wanted. But then there were out of the right size S hooks so I had to search all over creation to find them.

Hey guys I know this is an old post but I saw you guys have the DG200 and I was wondering if you could answer how it compares in height to the standard innova baskets? Thanks

Blame my ex-wife for the necro bump. She picked this up for my son at a garage sale for the whopping price of... $8.
attachment.php

We set it up Sunday, and spent about 45 min putting on it. Identical to the Instep, and it's in pretty good shape it. Doesn't catch great, but it works fine for practice.

Attachments

• Resized_sc_199827531007885.jpg
    Resized_sc_199827531007885.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Cool necrobump Bogey!

I had used 9 of my Insteps to create the Central Assembly of God DGC in Cumberland, MD. We just replaced them about a month ago with the brand new, upgraded, MVP Black Hole Gravity V2.

Sure there are better cheap basket alternatives now, but the Insteps have always been outside, some as long as about a dozen years.l, and I can't complain. They have served their purpose very well over the years for the minimal investment. A lot of people have been introduced to the sport on these things. And I never actually bought one myself. They were all birthday or Christmas presents. So the price was right.

An $8 basket isn't like finding a $50 Les Paul, but still a total steal.

My Instep is still in decent shape after being outside continuously for 10ish years. Chains are a bit rusty, but it still catches as well as it ever did. Never got around to adding a second set of chains. I haven't been able to separate the sections in years due to rust, but I have a mach lite for when I need a portable.

Definitely feel I got my money's worth with the Instep.