• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is anyone else still using quads?

Hyzflip10

Birdie Member
I love the way my grip fits, is real comfortable carrying discs, but it creates too much strain getting in and out of it 50 times a round.

I'm using a voodoo mojo with quads, or else a cart. This set up is easy to get in and out of, and carrying 15 discs plus water isn't too heavy. As long as the bag rest right above my butt so my legs can carry some of the weight, I'm good.

I use the cart for multiple rounds or long courses. I know backpacks are popular for a very good reason, but it doesn't work for me.

I just played a round with my Mojo with Quads for the first time in a while. It was fine, but I really like the smaller Juju with quads. To me, that's the perfect size (11-12 discs, one bottle) for medium-serious rounds or courses that are not cart-friendly.

For real casual rounds, it's a Nutsac or just carry three discs. The Zuca Compact cart (16+ discs, two bottles) is my normal rig.

Disclaimer: I've never tried a backpack bag.

I've got some quads (BrownBag Toolrider) with a folding 4 leg stool (OZTent Sidekick). Just need to finish a custom duffel I'm making. Setup will be like the Innova Caddy Seat.

I love the way my grip fits, is real comfortable carrying discs, but it creates too much strain getting in and out of it 50 times a round.

I'm using a voodoo mojo with quads, or else a cart. This set up is easy to get in and out of, and carrying 15 discs plus water isn't too heavy. As long as the bag rest right above my butt so my legs can carry some of the weight, I'm good.

I use the cart for multiple rounds or long courses. I know backpacks are popular for a very good reason, but it doesn't work for me.

For some players a backpack for play hurts on the back more then does a clip on quad style backpack straps for play. Most unusual set up is my dads fishing seat that has saddle bags hanging off either side, Walmart sold those in the 2000's and my dad uses that with the single strap it comes with though he could get a quad backpack strap set up put on the bag.

I still use quads with my Gorilla Boy Chimp? I think its called, it hold about 17 discs. Then on occasion I use my Gorilla Boy Simian backpack. haven't purchased a cart and probably wont.

My travel bag (Juju) has quads, and as it turns out I've been doing quite a bit of travel lately, so yes. :)

For some players a backpack for play hurts on the back more then does a clip on quad style backpack straps for play. Most unusual set up is my dads fishing seat that has saddle bags hanging off either side, Walmart sold those in the 2000's and my dad uses that with the single strap it comes with though he could get a quad backpack strap set up put on the bag.

For Fathers day I am getting him Quads for his bag, see if that is a good choice.

Add me to the list....still using an Innova deluxe bag with quads. Tried a backpack once and found it a bit annoying, for my own peculiar personal reasons. I'm only carrying 13-17 discs, so the bag works well enough, either using the quad straps or slinging them over my shoulder.

I'm on year 11 of a Fade bag and Phenix quad straps; went cheap with the bag and bucked up for the expensive quads. They both have held up with some minor repairs, so I don't need a another setup. I have no idea if I prefer the quads to a backpack bag, since I've never looked at a backpack bag.

I'm still using Phenix Quads on an Innova tournament bag... I'm cheap and I don't play it often, my primary bag is a double Nutsac.

I still have a Grip from the first full run that didn't have issues.

It's getting a little long in the tooth, so I bought a Spinal Tap.

Don't care for it, so I've been using my old Innova Standard with Roofing Quads I got at Menards.

Works great.

I've still got my Phenix Quads, but the Discarrier they were attached to was stolen long ago. I did use them on an Innova Starter bag before I bought the Discarrier...

Thats when I say, "So that means I can get a backup Karma for $39, free shipping..." I usually break off at the blue or purple decision. Or buy 2, IDK.

I have 3:. Red for the cart, Blue for carrying, black is my duffle bag for the gym.

Latest posts