• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Is the Cryztal Z plastic too pretty to use?

What does Lewis do with his pretty Cryztal Z Challenger?

• Throw it, you pansy!

Votes: 95 86.4%
  • Put it on the shelf and admire it forever.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Sell it to somebody.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Donate it back to your club as a fundraiser disc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I use a Cryztal Z Challenger plastic for my drives and approach shots. If the stamp has sentimental meaning for you then maybe save it. If not, just throw it.

"POW!" (from Stepbrothers)

Use it to drive, as it is stable and will handle the flight well. Just don't putt with it.

volmed10;344473 Use it to drive said:
I've already got a Cro for that, but I'll give it a shot. I'm already thinking of a couple of holes to try driving with it on.

I don't buy any discs that I'm not going to throw, partly because I don't have the disposable income to spend on expensive discs if I want to have gas money to get to new courses, and partly because it just seems silly to me.

I saw some kid on Discaroo asking for Cryztal in exchange for CE. What a country!

I was hoping for images of thrashed crystal as responses.

I would throw em. Discraft stuff is not collectible (unless you got first run buzzz's) and aren't worth much as collectors. Their discs are great throwers though.

I just got a "Kansas City Worlds 09 ....limited edition elite z drone" clear blue....and i'm huckin the crap out of it. been throwing it for 2 days and it's got me about 4 birdies.

OF COURSE CHUNK 'EM!!!! discs don't hit aces sittin at home.

I love Cryztal Buzzes for upshots ~200' in. They hold lines well for me and have aton of glide. Cryztal Challenger on the hand never really worked for me. It's too rigid and slick, I like the soft gummy plastics for my putters. Driver with it is less of an issue, but it just didn't cut it in the bag.

This poll over yet! Love the feel of the buzzz and they aren't that rare.

they are not rare at all. I pick them up for like $16-18 on ebay. Or I know a local disc retailer that always has tourney discs for sale. Or just about every midprint deal has at least one. They are pretty easy to trade for.

This poll over yet! Love the feel of the buzzz and they aren't that rare.

I didn't put a time limit on the poll, but I went with the "Throw it, you pansy!" crowd that's clearly showing a supermajority, and am more or less satisfied with the results. And it still doesn't have a mark on it. :thmbup: