• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is THIS what we want?

Do you want more of this in disc golf?

• Yes

Votes: 23 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 79 54.1%
  • Shut the hell up

Votes: 44 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Disc manufacturers would never go for that. They sell Destroyers and Zeuses because of the newbies see the pros throw them. Disc manufacturers would rather all events switch to cones or tones then limit their highest selling discs.
Newbies would still buy the discs the pros throw. They would just be different molds. Consider McBeth's Luna. Selling more discs from fewer molds is a cost saving for the manufacturers.

Or make them putt with speeds 13+, which might reduce the putting percentages without changing the baskets at all.

Or, while we're at it, let's have them drive with putters and putt with drivers.

Even old guys know smaller baskets are too easy! Cone baskets!!

184191637_10221689168190841_4609144572478481386_n.jpg

Lovin' that Paul!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or make them putt with speeds 13+, which might reduce the putting percentages without changing the baskets at all.

Or, while we're at it, let's have them drive with putters and putt with drivers.

Guys like Ricky and Barrella would cut the basket in half. Lol.

Let's just keep it simple like football or basketball. Make a single mold the standard and give it to all manufacturers so they can make it in the plastics of their choice.

Two years is not anytime soon. Manufacturers can't even keep up with making discs now. They have no reason to make a change. So yeah I think at least a couple years/not anytime soon.

Maybe it's your screen handle that's the problem. I am a legit old man, still playing disc golf often at age 60. When you're 60 or older, 2 years is a VERY SHORT time...

Since I have OMD blocked, I am moderately curious, has he started arguing with Chuck K or John H?

He doesn't really argue with anyone. You all argue with him. He has been mentioned many more times in unrelated posts than he has posted on his own. It seems as though you try to draw him out. OMD is inside your heads and you can't seem to get him out. I think it is pretty funny.

So this is the thread OMD has been sucking the life out of? With special guest Ballgagcohort. Presented by Emoney.

That probably explains why I hadn't checked in on it for awhile.

He doesn't really argue with anyone. You all argue with him. He has been mentioned many more times in unrelated posts than he has posted on his own. It seems as though you try to draw him out. OMD is inside your heads and you can't seem to get him out. I think it is pretty funny.

I think you're pretty funny

Could you place them so one drops the disc in the basket, and the others direct the disc far away? I'm picturing a wall of holes to aim at from the tee.

Hypothetically, yes. But they probably weight 1000 pounds each, so I'm not gonna try and figure that out. 5' diameter concrete tube about 5' long. They are intended to be used for building a bridge over a creek.

Or other open style course with little to no elevation, thinking some of the Courses in State parks in Plains states that are hard only due to wind and get boring to watch top wind Pro players on non high wind days whatever that might be. Interesting to see on high wind days to see what discs they have picked for everything including Putter choice/putting style.

This was the last post by Casey on this site, and it was 4.5 months ago. I hope he's OK. :(

Here is the best hole of this type, that I have played/seen. Hole #15 Rollin' Ridge. There is a drop off not far behind the pin; so you have to choose; that small center gap; or over the top of the blockers... ....but, you have to just barely be over the top of the blockers, or you go deep and hit the drop off, behind the basket.

bc325c8c.jpg

Here is the best hole of this type, that I have played/seen. Hole #15 Rollin' Ridge. There is a drop off not far behind the pin; so you have to choose; that small center gap; or over the top of the blockers... ....but, you have to just barely be over the top of the blockers, or you go deep and hit the drop off, behind the basket.

bc325c8c.jpg

im skeptical

how many go for the straight shot when the hyzer line looks so much moar desireable

i would guess its a 25/75 split

no yah