• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jacquard iDye Poly -- Rit Replacement

Is it idye poly without intensifier? The intensifier can be a goopie mess and could have been a boarder between the disc and the dye. If you didn't use intensifier, did you remove the stamp with acetone and then not wash it afterward?

I didn't use the intensifier based on what everyone says. The disc was ordered as a no stamp, I guess from now on I'll be making sure to wash and clean even new discs before dyeing them.

Thanks for the input!

Don't think anyone has posted this - but I was at Joann's the other day to get some stuff for my kids, and to my surprise they had IDYE poly in stock! Guess you can get it online too.

http://www.joann.com/search?q=idye

I have a question, if anyone is still reading this thread. I am finally starting to use the Idye Poly since the large stock of RIT I had is finally getting low. For those who use the "Paint On" method. How are you mixing your mixture? What are you adding to it? Ive tried dye and water, dye and laundry soap, dye and both water and soap. When I paint it on, its definitely thicker than RIT, but dries up fairly quickly, not allowing enough time for it to soak into the plastic. RIT would always stay wet for quite a bit, allowing good soak time, but this stuff dries up super fast. Any info from the paint guys would be useful. Thanks!

I have a question, if anyone is still reading this thread. I am finally starting to use the Idye Poly since the large stock of RIT I had is finally getting low. For those who use the "Paint On" method. How are you mixing your mixture? What are you adding to it? Ive tried dye and water, dye and laundry soap, dye and both water and soap. When I paint it on, its definitely thicker than RIT, but dries up fairly quickly, not allowing enough time for it to soak into the plastic. RIT would always stay wet for quite a bit, allowing good soak time, but this stuff dries up super fast. Any info from the paint guys would be useful. Thanks!

Here's a tip i got from eky8 a while back. I posted a pic on the first post on this page

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/member.php?u=48593

I put my dyes in a sealed container with a moist paper towel to keep the dye wet long enough for the dye to soak in.

Disclaimer. I still use rit. But I'm pretty sure Odyssey113 was referring to that tip and I'm also pretty sure he uses idye poly. There is a picture of his set up in the dye alternatives thread post #31. Sorry. I'm too lazy to link it.

Last edited:
I dont see the tip. that link just takes me to your profile

My bad...meant to link to this..i really wish this site would let you edit posts (after 5 minutes. Stupid rule! :wall: )

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98293&page=4

I put my dyes in a sealed container with a moist paper towel to keep the dye wet long enough for the dye to soak in.

Disclaimer. I still use rit. But I'm pretty sure Odyssey113 was referring to that tip and I'm also pretty sure he uses idye poly. There is a picture of his set up in the dye alternatives thread post #31.

Yes. I have mainly in the past used Idye poly, however I am now starting to use some others as well. Still kinda testing them. Prochemical disperse dyes and also I also have some samples from Pylam Dyes that I am in the process of testing. Haven't even done a full dye job with them yet, but that will be my project for tonight. Need to go shopping for some more mason jars and various tools. Thanks again for that tip Eky8. It has become one of the staples of my dye jobs :thmbup:

Has anyone had issues with the Kelly Green Idye Poly coming out purple? I tried to dye a White Neutron Ion green and the dye came out purple. I thought maybe I had some bad dye so I threw it out and bought a new package, this one also came out purple-esque. Looking at my color its definitely green but maybe it needs to be thinned out a bit?

I have not had that issue with the Kelly Green however most of the time when I try the idye turquoise it comes out light purple, even on a white disc. Not sure if a longer setting time will help or not. You could try out pro chemicals possibly. I have been getting nice results with those dyes. I haven't tried their green yet though.

Has anyone had issues with the Kelly Green Idye Poly coming out purple? I tried to dye a White Neutron Ion green and the dye came out purple. I thought maybe I had some bad dye so I threw it out and bought a new package, this one also came out purple-esque. Looking at my color its definitely green but maybe it needs to be thinned out a bit?

I attempted to use it for a pinter on dye and all my test spots came out purplish green as well, so I used old RIT instead. It helps when you have some of both.

I have not tried leaving it on longer yet, but one of these days I will get around to it. My guess is Odyssey has it right on needed a longer time to get the full color.

I know with rit dye some of the colors had an underlying color that was used to make the color. Sometimes those underlying colors were stronger than expected. For example most of the black rit had a purple undertone. If you tried to dye gray you would get purple. It only went black with a longer dye time. Some colors such as teal weren't even close to the expected color. Not sure if that is the case with idye poly. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Mixture for storage

So what is a good mixture to use for dyeing and also that I can store for later use? Specifics would help! Thanks in advance.

I bought a couple if packs of the black and they worked great. I also bought a bulk jar of the violet though, and it doesn't seem to work at all. It says Poly on the label. I figure someone screwed up and put the regular iDye in an iDye Poly container. Has anyone else tried the large jars?

Latest posts