• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jerbob's bag

Jerbob

Par Member
Current gear in a delta cart.

Magic-SS for turnovers, long putts 175
Wizard-SS for upshots 175
Wizard-G-18 proto, stable off the tee 175
Wizard-PWP 175 putting 2 the same

Comet-ESP 2nd run, turnovers 175
Comet-ESP 3rd run, straight, 177
Roc3-Champ, stable, 177
Roc3-McPro, stable small turn, low lines, 180
Gator-Glow, OS approaches, flicks 177

FD-D, turnovers, rollers 171
FD-S, straight with turn 170
FD-P, straight with some fade 175
FD2 redesign, stable to OS, wind fighter, gets left 171
FD3 C, wind, flicks, 172

PD-P- worn, hyzer flips, turns, rollers 170
PD-P- new, breaking in 172
PD-S- stable, low glide 175

Destroyer-Pro, downwind, longest, annies, 169
Destroyer-Pro, working it in, 170
Destroyer-SDS or D, pre avery, has some turn, handles some wind, weight ?
Destroyer- Pro, brand new, OS, breaking it in, handles wind 175

I occasionally swap out all the FD's for an assortment of champ, star, gstar, pro, dx eagles and eagle Ls. FD's are easy to throw, but I've thrown eagles for years and tend to do better in wind and handle the flick better. Just need to beat some in or trade for beat down eagles. Once in awhile E-Terns substitute for the Pro destroyer when the over 40yr arm isn't getting the distance. Who am I kidding, the eagles vs fd/fd2 setup occupies my disc golf brain 50% of the time. Decisions, decisions.

What's your distance gap between the pd's and the destroyers?

You've got the space in the cart, so carrying additional molds isn't a weight issue.

I would just wonder if you could increase some distance potential by moving up to a speed 13-14. Yes, I said it higher speed. The distance you can cover with PD should keep the short destroyer throws in the bag, but a boss/nuke/insert disc, in your case, would give another distance range to high keeping with the cycle idea.

For example, shifting to:
G* Boss
Star Boss
Champ Boss

Could be a nice step.

I throw Eagles up to about 330. PD's when 350 is needed. Destroyers above 350 depending on the line.
Grip becomes the issue with just about anything over speed 12. Something about the wider rim just doesn't jive with my grip. Did have a few random magical throws with a pro boss a number of years ago, but just not a reliable grip and release. I spent some brief time with the bolt when they came out for World's. I could get some over 400 with them, but needed some fairway to work with. Tried three different Shryke's, however I could achieve the same distance with a tern and a beat pro destroyer. Field work is probably the answer.

Current gear in a delta cart.

Warlock-SS for turnovers, long putts 175
Warlock-PW for approaches
Warlock-PW two for putting
Wizard-G-18 proto, stable off the tee 175

Comet-ESP 2nd run, turnovers 175
Comet-ESP 3rd run, straight, 177
Roc3-Champ, stable, 177
Roc3-McPro, stable small turn, low lines, 180
Gator-Glow, OS approaches, flicks 177

Eagle-Dx worn, will turn or hyzer flip with tailwind 172
EagleL-Gstar- hyzer flips, comes back 85% of the time 175
Eagle 12x-Champ- straight to fade 172
Eagle Sex- will fade, firebirdesque, 170
FD3 C, wind, flicks, skips, 172

Thunderbird-Pro small turn 171
Thunderbird-Pro straight to fade 175, working it in
Thunderbird-Star- Beef, 170

Destroyer-Pro, turns 170
Destroyer-SDS or D, pre avery, has some turn, handles some wind, weight ?
Destroyer- Pro, stable, breaking it in, handles wind 175

Went back to the eagles from FD's. Trying out the thunderbirds, easier to source than the PD, more glide, and pro plastic availability.
A little disappointed in some of the Innova molds coming out with that weird indent on the flight plate where it meets the rim. Discs coming out overstable when shaped like that. Example, the Barsby eagles, which are very stable to overstable. Might as well be mini-firebirds or banshees. Same with the star thunderbirds I have, weird indent, pure beef.

Last edited:

Latest posts