• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jerry Harmon is he really gone?

RIP-HARMON HILLS

Getting to know Jerry Harmon and his family was one of the greatest weekends of my life. It felt like taking a drive to heaven and meeting friends you had not seen in years even though it was the first time we had really ever met.The second that you left his house you started planning your next trip back just to get another fix of the warmth and frindship and laughter that he and his family shared with everybody that they ever met.I think that is something very rare no matter where you live.All I know is, my corner of the world grew a little bit dimmer on Sunday.

If the consistent theme of kindness,friendship and generosity sounds "too good to be true", well, that was Jerry Harmon.
Disc golf has lost a giant, in every way that you could possibly define one, and it's a void that won't be filled.
Funeral services Sept 13, 2012;
6:00-8:00 visitation
8:00 service
www.tetrickfuneralhome.com if you can't make the service, please sign the register.
Located just off I-26 near State of Franklin Road
3001 Peoples Street
Johnson City, TN 37604

Last edited:
THanks for posting, will try to make it up there to pay my respects to one of the nicest person I ever met. Been hard not to think of his smile (smirk)over the past day.

Thanks, Rich. The question of funeral arrangements was asked on our club Facebook page, and I was able to pass along your post.

Jerry's family has requested that anyone attending the service tonight please wear disc golf attire and preferably Harmon Hills shirts, if you have one.

This song came on today and I thought it was a fitting tribute to friends & friendships lost.

Hey, just messaged Gateway. I played with Jerry in March & he was sportin' a sweet tye-dyed Gateway bag. I'd like to see a memorial bag like it, see gateways page for my post...a Glo Rhyno movement is cool. This is cooler. I'll buy two. Anyone???