• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

That Reid Frescura CSI Miami graphic was fun and I think they need to throw more of that kind of stuff in (sure they will!).

Was watching late at night and woke up one of the kids because I was laughing so hard at that part. Wonder who thought of that?

:D:D

I gotta admit that after a few videos where it was Nate and somebody else, and then now hearing him and Jerm again, while they do have some good banter too, it just reminded me that Jerm is not always my favorite to listen to.

Oddly, I felt exactly the opposite. I really enjoyed having them together again. Not putting down any of the other combinations, either. :)

As far as the drone flyovers go... I like them for every round... even though I usually watch every round. I can definitely see both sides of this argument, too, though.

We're all different and there will probably never be a team of announcers or coverage that pleases everyone. But I'm really happy with what Jomez, CCDG, and several of the other teams are doing. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Maybe it's just me but the CCDG announcing crew's voices are just grating. No one is perfect and there are pros and cons to both JP and CCDG. In my mind, JP comes out on top. I really like their graphics that tell the length of the hole while the hole is being played. Helps me play along with them in my mind...lol.

Think we'll get some Gregg Barsby commentary now? What would his "codename" be? (i.e. "Big"=Jeremy, "Sexy"=Nate, etc)

Think we'll get some Gregg Barsby commentary now? What would his "codename" be? (i.e. "Big"=Jeremy, "Sexy"=Nate, etc)

Probably would depend on who he is commentating with. I'd venture to suggest "Metal" for his musical preferences and the amount of metal he draws on his putts.

The Jomez output was amazing and much appreciated. They quality of the footage, editing, features and photography is astonishing.

I kept myself in the dark so I could watch each round on the TV as if it were live. Thus, I sure wish Big Jerm had not revealed the winner of FPO at the end of the MPO finals video!

Jomez is professional level production from top to bottom. My wife will even watch a hole or two with me, which is saying a lot.

The Jomez output was amazing and much appreciated. They quality of the footage, editing, features and photography is astonishing.

I kept myself in the dark so I could watch each round on the TV as if it were live. Thus, I sure wish Big Jerm had not revealed the winner of FPO at the end of the MPO finals video!

Lucky for me, I watched the FPO vids first. Amazing work Jomez thank you for covering the FPO lead cards!! I loved watching them (without knowing the outcome). [the fpo winner] played awesome and really deserves the win!

The Mens card was great to watch as well.

One thing that is hard to capture, all of the players behind the lead card. It's hard to get a sense of what is happening there. Not sure what the best answer is to try and help this, but you end up watching multiple rounds with most of the same players it makes it seem like it's a smaller tournament that it actually is. It's probably just a matter of resources ($) to get more coverage, but I wonder if there is a more creative solution..

Lucky for me, I watched the FPO vids first. Amazing work Jomez thank you for covering the FPO lead cards!! I loved watching them (without knowing the outcome). [the fpo winner] played awesome and really deserves the win!

The Mens card was great to watch as well.

One thing that is hard to capture, all of the players behind the lead card. It's hard to get a sense of what is happening there. Not sure what the best answer is to try and help this, but you end up watching multiple rounds with most of the same players it makes it seem like it's a smaller tournament that it actually is. It's probably just a matter of resources ($) to get more coverage, but I wonder if there is a more creative solution..

Kind of in a similar vein, I love the coverage, but I think it could be even better with maybe a little more B roll. When a great shot happens, show me some player or crows reactions. Let the shots linger. Let me soak in the consequences of what's happening.

On hole 18 the final round, Gregg's drive just barely stays in bounds and it's essentially the clinching shot. The crowd erupts, but before we even get a chance to soak it in, we've already moved on to Josh's shot. Talk about mood whiplash.

There are actually a couple examples of Jomez doing this well (last year's clinching shot at the USDGC on 17). It would help give it a more in the moment feel instead of a dvd commentary feel.

I think a Gregg/Eagle commentary would be fantastic. I'm a huge of Eagle's dry humor and good nature, I think he's a little underrated as a commentator. Maybe I just want more Eagle...

Kind of in a similar vein, I love the coverage, but I think it could be even better with maybe a little more B roll. When a great shot happens, show me some player or crows reactions. Let the shots linger. Let me soak in the consequences of what's happening.

On hole 18 the final round, Gregg's drive just barely stays in bounds and it's essentially the clinching shot. The crowd erupts, but before we even get a chance to soak it in, we've already moved on to Josh's shot. Talk about mood whiplash.

There are actually a couple examples of Jomez doing this well (last year's clinching shot at the USDGC on 17). It would help give it a more in the moment feel instead of a dvd commentary feel.

This. THIS. THISTHISTHIS :thmbup:

I've tried, I really have, but sorry, I just can't watch women's disc golf when the women are commentating. And given the view numbers, seems like I'm not the only one. :|

Have you heard Mrs. McBeth's commentary? Definitely much better, with very little to no nervous giggling going on.

Seems like the giggling is mainly MW. I think the WM-LF team is a good listen other than when MW gets "giggly".

I actually like the Womens commentary because they seem to have alot of fun with it. I have heard some Mens commentary recently that was so monotone and bland. I'd take giggling and a couple girls having Fun doing coverage over listening to Charlie Brown's teacher "Wha Wha Whaing", anyday. Still think Sexton and Koling bantering and taking potshots the whole commentary is the best, though.

So I just noticed on the USWDGC that there is a color coordinated cap for birdie, par, or bogey, over the players score for their last shot. How long has it been there? I think it's a neat idea!

Last edited: