• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just for fun bag

TN Teebird

Par Member
First off I just wanted to say I can no longer play in tournaments. Or doubles for that matter. I hurt my back pretty bad(vertebrae out of place and a slipped disc,sad thing with my insurance I would have to be run over by a truck or it to pay anything so I'm stuck with this pain) so I just go out to play for fun now with my buds. In a way I'm depressed about not bein able to play in tournaments,but also it gave me an attitude adjustment.I use to be a little bit too serious for my own good until this happened.Now I love to be out there even more to meet new people,cut up with everyone I meet and if I can make someone's day better It's well worth makin the trip to the course.

I can throw around 350ft max now with the back pain,but still have good accuracy.So i still have a pretty awesome time when i go out to play.I have to putt straddle now which is a crazy big adjustment,but it's becoming more comfortable for me now.

I also had to go out and get some lighter discs for my bad back so I wouldn't have to throw the disc as hard. It's been a life saver gettin these lighter discs.

Ok Enough of my blabbering,onto the bag.It's a simple bag but i feel it covers everything i need. I also carry a old lightning bag so it's not so heavy on the ol back.

Distance Drivers
Discmania S-PD(167) - My main forehand driver and backhand fading driver.Easy to control and does well in the wind.

Innova Champion JK 4x Valkyrie(166) - My Main backhand driver of choice. Straight Drives,turnovers,slow fades,S-shots this is my bread and butter for distance now.

Fairway Drivers
Latitude 64 GL Trident(170) - Forehands,Forehand Rollers and just utility shots when I need it.

Innova Star Teebird(175) - Forehand drives,fading drives.Wind fighter. I stuck with 175 because I've always been comfortable with 175 in Teebirds.

Latitude 64 Opto River(167) - My go to fairwway driver of choice. Easy to control and I get straight,slow fades and turnovers with ease using this disc.

Midrange Drivers

Dynamic Discs Lucid Suspect(175) - My main utilty midrange. Great wind fighter,forehand approaches,forehand drives and great for fading drives.

Innova Champion Roc3(175) - Great fading driver of choice now. Works great in the wind too. I also use it for short s shot forehands.

Discraft ESP Comet(175) - My go to midrange of choice now. Straight.sloe fades and turnovers. This disc does it all for me.

Putters
Dynamic Discs Lucid Judge(175) - Good in the wind and works well for fading drives or approach shots.

Dynamic Discs Medium Judge(175) - Straight drives with slow fade,straight drives,turnovers and great for straight approaches.

Dynamic Discs Soft Judge(175 x3) - Main Putter and main approach putter.

This is the bag I'm rollin with now and will probably be the main discs I use now. If you guys have suggestions for discs with a speed 9 and under I could try out I'm all ears. Also if you guys want to talk disc golf in this thread I'll be more than happy to talk disc golf with you guys. Thanks for checking my bag thread out. :)

Bummer about the back. If you want some easier to throw fairways, check out the MVP Switch and Servo.. Both a lot of fun to throw. Switch is easy to throw on a low line 300ft. Gets some equal turn and fade. Easier to flip than a River for me and has some fade back.

I like the Switch also, took some getting used to.

Try some Vibram discs, since you're just out having fun. An Ibex is a beautiful thing. It's a nice compliment to the ESP Comet.

Latest posts