• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Kite Love

Yes yes, dont think I need any other mids, may even drop my Roc.

I'd rather it fade back a little to set up for the next shot.... rather than fighting thru the woods (due to a ROC shot) Which means... I can't throw straight.

Last edited:
I love my kite, and can throw it about 300' my normal drive is about 375' with a wraith.

I was throwing the Kite yesterday in the field and was getting it to at least 300 feet if not farther. I've also been playing nothing but Super Class since the end of November so my form is really smooth right now. Thrown with a lot of height and some hyzer this disc will GO! It reminds me of a Meteor but faster.

I love my Star Kite! Of course I not only throw like a girl, I am a girl.
:p

I've thrown Stingrays for years and have been curious about the Kite for some time. I don't throw like a girl but do appreciate being able to hyzer flip a finesse shot. There is a time to power a shot and a time to finesse one. I think a Kite will be my next purchase.

SuperDome. It is fun for a change (to throw a glider), and it does a hold a line more than it might seem. It will go a driving distance with the right form - that's what's fun is it's kind of diagnostic (ala Comet) I love my 175 Star Kite. It's within the Buzz's driving range and it doesn't quite take the the same power to throw it.

the kite was brought up in the new champ cobras thread yesterday, so i decided to revive a deadthread. who here still throws the kite? i havent in a while and probably will never have them in the bag again, but they are MAGICAL. i highly suggest them to low power players! who else loves flying a kite?

also, how are the new champ kites the prostore came out with? ManU said his buddies is SUPER domey, just curious as to what everyone elses thoughts/experiences were.

I think star kites are nice discs. I find them to be a cross between a Dx teebird or leopard and a comet. A nice glidy disc for tight holes for those with power and a good distance driver for those who don't.

Yes yes, dont think I need any other mids, may even drop my Roc.

I am not a fan of the Roc but.. Buzzz, Vector, Mako, & Stingray. Those are my favorites. Buzzz is a thing of beauty. Seriously throw any other Mid before saying you would drop a Roc.