• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Kratos

ILUVSMGS18

Just Another Disc Hoarder
So Discraft just approved a new putter called the Kratos yesterday and I haven't seen anything on it yet. Being a 6 letter name I assume it might be a McBethold and Kratos certainly would fit his theme.

Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 2.0cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.1cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.9cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Rim Configuration: 59.75
Flexibility: 11.14kg

And with the photo I saved from the PDGA website is labeled Beaded Luna which is exactly what it looks like. Seems very Wizardish from the profile, and I'll definitely be picking up a pair for sure!

Attachments

• beaded_luna.png
    beaded_luna.png
    422.7 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like they took the one thing I liked about the Luna and created a replica without it 🫠

Ah well, haven't liked a single McBeth mold so I no reason to expect I'll start now.

Paige Shue getting a 1x world champ mold? She threw and putted the Judge with DD

Here's a good review of them. Seems pretty overstable in premium plastic and would work well as a 1 mold set up in different plastics. Kind of reminds me of the RekoX flight a little bit.

Looks pretty stable, AB throwing them ~400' and they held up ok in headwind putts. I wonder if they will adjust the flight numbers for the Luna to make some room for this...

I am excited for the local store or a friend to get some. I really don't like the feel of Roaches/Lunas/Fierce much but the blends themselves have felt great. I tend to like a bead but have had success with non beaded putters that have more lip. That super rounded bottom just feels weird putting. Wonder how they will stack up against Challys, Chally OS and Focus? (do they still make Focus?)

TLDR I am interested in putting my hands on a Kratos.

A Swedish store dropted these test flights yesterday,... strange i have not seen them anywhere else

Attachments

• 1706520246613.png
    1706520246613.png
    969 KB · Views: 0
So I've got about 40 putts in with the pair that a friend picked up for me at the Expo, and they're like a Wizard/BB Aviar combo. They feel great in the hand, but man is CT just horrible in terms of slickness...and it also doesn't help that it's 25 degrees out.

So I've been putting with my pair for more time and they've finally worn in enough that they have some grip to them, but I ordered a pair of Protos that should be here Monday or Tuesday, so hopefully those will be better as they're in the rubber blend that the Luna normally comes in. I'm a nose down putter (I'm trying to fix it, but it's rough), and someone else who has a paid of Kratos had mentioned to me that they felt the Kratos was nose heavy and that actually made sense to me.

I also got a MF TF and it's honestly what I was expecting from premium Lunas in terms of flight and stability. It doesn't turn unless I get over on it, or I hook the bead, and comes back quite nicely. Flightwise it's like a JB Zone/Luna baby, or a putter version of a Wasp.