• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

Technohic

* Ace Member *
So, when ordering my fund raiser Reef, I also ordered a Pure. Figured my putters are usually more overstable so, a good excuse to try some various stability in putters.

Anyway, been eyeballing the Pure for a while seeing as I like my Core so much.

Anyone use one?

Thoughts?

Havent tried the pure but I love the zeroline plastic. Lately ive been putting my spikes out as far as my other plastic sometimes.

Havent tried the pure but I love the zeroline plastic. Lately ive been putting my spikes out as far as my other plastic sometimes.

I wasnt sure which plastic to get as I saw DGC had "grip" line but it looked glossy, and I dont care for a glossy finish on putters so I went with Zeroline.

I did the same thing, still haven't tried gripline but I like the zeroline so much I have no reason to try it. I have 2 spikes in zeroline and there are each a bit different from the other, one is a bit tackier and the other a bit more firm. I am not sure which is more of a representation of the traditional zeroline but they both feel awesome.

I use them as my main putter and for turnover/anhyzer drives out to about 300ft, they dont handle the wind to well though but that is what i got my Sinus.SP/APs for. For just plain putting it is the best i ever had.

I don't like the gripline as much...it strangely is not as grippy.

I now have 3 zero spikes and 1 grip spike. Spike is an excellent putter and BH driver.

I use them as my main putter and for turnover/anhyzer drives out to about 300ft, they dont handle the wind to well though but that is what i got my Sinus.SP/APs for. For just plain putting it is the best i ever had.

I am hoping to get that sort of flight out of it. My Bangers and Wizards will turn over but they either like to come back some, or i get them too far over and it kills some distance. Went it to not fight out of the turn without being at such a sharp turning angle; if that makes sense.

Not sure. I just ordered mine but supposedly its deeper than the Spike.

OK, have it, played 2 rounds with it and its a little shallower than a Wizard, no bead really, but the edge is slightly beveled and not as blunt.

Well, I blame that edge for me not really likeing it for putting as it seems, even when hitting dead center on the basket, it likes to bounce out off the chains with no basket contact otherwise.

Hate it for putting.

Driving it does fairly well. I need more time with it but I think it can drive about as good as my Wizard, which is suprising because it isnt as stable. It just flies straight and has no fade at all. Wizard barely does but this thing, not the slightest that I can visibly see.

Approaches. It is friggin amazing! Put spin on it like I am driving it and dont get a fade. Switch to a fan grip for a finness throw and I was litterally weaving very tight lines through trees.

I was almost too quick to write the disc off as, it cant putt and I already have the Wizard doing great driving but then I gave it some tries with different shots on approaches and it has earned a spot in my bag, at very least, for the best approach game I have ever had.

ive been putting with the zero line for about 3 months and havnt looked back. its very nice to me and i nail more putts now than when i had the magic. its shallow and pretty fast so it feels great to me. one thing i do love is that it doesnt clover up quick and stays stiff. mine are all cycling through the bag and all are still the same,just a lil seasoned . great putter

Maybe I have to putt with it more but I usually dont have those bounce outs. Thing is as accurate as anything I have ever seen however.

I thought that they designed it to have a deeper rim? From Latitude's website:

Featuring a comfortable grip and slightly deeper rim it will hold the line given to it on your approach shots. Pure is the second disc co-designed by Jesper Lundmark.
- I liked the Zero Line plastic the first time I tried it on the Spike. My grip needs a disc with a deeper rim so we designed Pure, Jesper says.

So it still does not have as deep of a rim as a Wizard or Voodoo?

I thought that they designed it to have a deeper rim? From Latitude's website:

So it still does not have as deep of a rim as a Wizard or Voodoo?

I think they left out the part that I saw where it said "slightly deeper rim than the spike".

Take the bead off the wizard, than another beads worth of depth after that, and that might be about right. Actual measurement on the outside might come out the same but its more angled inward...

They are both still in my car, maybe I should snap a pic later.

yea it's pretty accurate for me. Dead straight and actually has a small bit of lss .to me it's def more shallow than a wizard. I'd say it's about as deep as an xd or spike

Gave it some more work today and I am starting to like it for putting more. Where the Wizard or Banger you would let hang and drift left from out a ways to play safe, this thing you have to trust and just put it right at the basket and it does pretty well.

Im going to give the Pure another shot. I havent tried using it for some time and I really am not happy with my putters. They are all 0 HSS 2 LSS so Im going to use this for something different.

If it turns out I still dont like that beveled edge; I don't know. Maybe a Magic would be similar flight and less beveled?

na magic is not like a pure in terms of flight. It has less lss which was why I switched from the pure,back to the magic. I'm using omegas now but I got rid of the pures because they were too fast for me for a putter,i beat mine ad they hardly lost lss. Magic will be straighter and have better glide. If you do wanna try something similar to the pure,try the spike, it's a less stable pure .

Well I am wanting something glidier than my Ridge, Wizard or banger and I just don't care for the slickness of the Ions but I loved them for the approach shots and driving. I just remembered the Pure being pretty good at that as well and I like the plastic, just remember not caring so much for the angled nose.

I just practiced with it and seem to like the glide ok but would be open to more and a more flat nose if anyone has any ideas.