• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64

XXX's are more overstable Firebirds with less glide.
Tridents are slower XXX's but with more glide.

Riots are two faced. New runs are more overstable than earlier runs. New Riots are like Monsters. Old Riots like Wraiths. Riots can be thrown on a very low line and go far.

Rivers are between Champ Teebirds and Leopards just with much more glide. Weight determines where they land on that scale. Heavy rivers are like Teebirds, light rivers are like Leopards.

Flows are longer Rivers, but not nearly as easy to control and are an advanced player's disc. I like the Flows I have and can get some nice distance with them, but the Rivers are more consistent and accurate. Get a river before a flow. You won't be disappointed.

Visions are extremely understable like Roadrunners. The visions are very temper-mental and hard to be consistent with. I got rid of them when the Rivers began breaking in.

Halos i don't know about yet, i just got 2 in the mail yesterday and won't be able to throw them until the weather turns around.

Pures and Spikes are both worthy putters. If you don't like bulky, thick profiled putters give these a try. Spikes are the slimmest and less stable of the two. I found Pures to be the perfect combination of profile/stability/glide for my putting style and approach style.

Oh and Strikers and Cores are my bread and butter. They've been discussed enough.

Can anyone enlighten me on the XXX, blitz, trident, and riot?

my opinion is the XXX is the most understable disc on the market. it will not be a distance driver at all. i love it for really sharp RHBH left turns.

i've owned Opto and GL plastics and Lat 64 really knows what they are doing.

i skidding my brand new Champion disc across concrete and chewed it to heck. did the same thing with my XXX, not a mark.

My bro is a HUGE fan of the trident. I throw a Drone, he throws a trident. Trident has more glide and has a skip vs my drone. Feels amazing in the opto plastic IMO

All you Trident fans are going to make me try mine again. I love my XXX's as my thumber and utility disc though.

XXX's are more overstable Firebirds with less glide.
Tridents are slower XXX's but with more glide.

Riots are two faced. New runs are more overstable than earlier runs. New Riots are like Monsters. Old Riots like Wraiths. Riots can be thrown on a very low line and go far.

Rivers are between Champ Teebirds and Leopards just with much more glide. Weight determines where they land on that scale. Heavy rivers are like Teebirds, light rivers are like Leopards.

Flows are longer Rivers, but not nearly as easy to control and are an advanced player's disc. I like the Flows I have and can get some nice distance with them, but the Rivers are more consistent and accurate. Get a river before a flow. You won't be disappointed.

Visions are extremely understable like Roadrunners. The visions are very temper-mental and hard to be consistent with. I got rid of them when the Rivers began breaking in.

Halos i don't know about yet, i just got 2 in the mail yesterday and won't be able to throw them until the weather turns around.

Pures and Spikes are both worthy putters. If you don't like bulky, thick profiled putters give these a try. Spikes are the slimmest and less stable of the two. I found Pures to be the perfect combination of profile/stability/glide for my putting style and approach style.

Oh and Strikers and Cores are my bread and butter. They've been discussed enough.

I play exclusively Latitude and I feel that this is an accurate review. The only thing I would add, as an avid Halo thrower:

The Halo will start out a meathook like a faster Xcal. But the more you break it in, the more high speed turn it develops. Eventually it will flip right over for you. At that point I believe the Halo is the longest disc on the market. I have one in GL plastic That I've been beating up these last 2 years. It's the only high speed driver mold other than a Blitz in my bag. Fantastic disc that Halo.

I like my River, though oddly, the new GL i got is more stable than my Opto (which seems to be the opposite of most lat plastic)

found the same thing, but I've only been throwing my gl for two days... only 1g off in weight also

I love me some Fuse. Word on the street is that Lat is coming out with an overstable midrange next Spring, can't wait. There's a good write up by Jeronimo on Lat. 64 over at DGR, under "Latitude 101" or something like that, lot's of run variability info.

I love me some Fuse. Word on the street is that Lat is coming out with an overstable midrange next Spring, can't wait. There's a good write up by Jeronimo on Lat. 64 over at DGR, under "Latitude 101" or something like that, lot's of run variability info.

what plastics? GL and Opto?

I picked up a Pure recently and really love how it fits my grip.. but that thing gets slippery as hell if wet.

My write up is in the first post on the first page of the Latitude 64 thread on DGR now if anyone is interested.

My write up is in the first post on the first page of the Latitude 64 thread on DGR now if anyone is interested.

Gotta give Jeronimo some kudos. I'm not a DGR member and very rarely lurk so i haven't seen your write-up before. As i'm reading, i'm nodding my head in agreement for just about everything.

Hope we get to see some Opto Riots like first gen Optos. :thmbup: