• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64 Backpack ?

How is it a given that it has two water bottle holders? I sure don't see them pictured. :\

Dig the side putter/mini pocket. Looks about Grip-sized. I wonder what Feldberg will do if they make him switch out his Spinal Tap. Looks to only have comfortable capacity in the low 20s.

Wow, My bad.....I thought all back packs automatically included (2) drink holders. That`s different. I hope there`s room to add to this proto. Wow:confused:

Their FB post I got this pic from stated that it is still in the final design faze, so hopefully they listen to every other poster in the comments and add the second bottle holder. I'd still get it, as I like the design, but the extra holder would be great in the Southern Heat I have to deal with. I'm most curious if that upper compartment can be opened, or if it's just the zippered access at the top. If it can be opened up, that'd be great for extra disc storage when doing field work.

Like I said, not a final product. I hope they do keep that top giant storage area free of a logo though. I can see a lot of potential for customization. Patches or a team/club logo screenprinted. Possibly a name and PDGA numbered embroidered. People would be free to make it their own. There's some other things I would change though so it's not perfect in my eyes for sure. I think it's bigger than what I would want.

Wow, My bad.....I thought all back packs automatically included (2) drink holders. That`s different. I hope there`s room to add to this proto. Wow:confused:

The Ranger only has one drink holder, one reason I never went through with buying one... that and the frail bottom.

The Ranger only has one drink holder, one reason I never went through with buying one... that and the frail bottom.

I'd much rather have my second (and third and fourth even) bottles in the top of my Ranger with ice packs than hanging on the side of my bag getting warm.

neither does the body and it actually uses energy to warm the water up upon digestion. Human body is 98.6 it doesn't like ice lol' So maybe you are normal?

Last edited:
hmmm. Unfortunately, I had to remove this from my list of potential bags. I had high hopes for Lat64, but not a fan of 1 bottle holder. The pockets don't appear to have any interanl organization (it's not really shown in the video) either. The upper storage looks cavernous, but with small access opening. I can't imagine fitting an XL rolled up sweatshirt through the opening.

The bag itself looks to be kind of flimsy with the lateral movement and maybe a bit top heavy as well. Not sure of the materials, but I like to think they are higher quality than the Rangers. In fact, it reminds me of a Ranger2.0 - redesigned shape with added pockets on outside while still retaining the single bottle holder with large top storage and side putter pocket.

I understand this is still a prototype, but if they expect them to hit shelves in May, this has to be pretty close to final design.

hmmm. Unfortunately, I had to remove this from my list of potential bags. I had high hopes for Lat64, but not a fan of 1 bottle holder. The pockets don't appear to have any interanl organization (it's not really shown in the video) either. The upper storage looks cavernous, but with small access opening. I can't imagine fitting an XL rolled up sweatshirt through the opening.

The bag itself looks to be kind of flimsy with the lateral movement and maybe a bit top heavy as well. Not sure of the materials, but I like to think they are higher quality than the Rangers. In fact, it reminds me of a Ranger2.0 - redesigned shape with added pockets on outside while still retaining the single bottle holder with large top storage and side putter pocket.

I understand this is still a prototype, but if they expect them to hit shelves in May, this has to be pretty close to final design.

It's got some good features and some areas I'd have done different but he left a lot of room for more possible designs with saying one bottle holder for this backpack design. Possibly take the feedback from this one and incorporate it in another. I thought it was funny he said they don't need more than one bottle of water in Sweden if even that. I guess if you can just scoop up some fresh snow that helps. He's a cool guy I'm glad I got to meet him and spend a little time with him at the meet and greet for team trilogy. Janne from Westside was really cool. I had heard the Finland guys are a little strange and he was but super friendly and he was so happy to learn that so many players in the US love westside discs.

Here in kansas I know I'm using both bottles almost year round and in the summer I'm finishing both before my round is even over. In the winter I might not finish one but I still carry two unless it's a small course and I'm using a small bag. That's why the soldier is so great for me. I can carry max water and lighten the load overall on discs.

I won't be getting one of these bags but I never really seriously thought I would. I have a grip and a ranger. Those are plenty good. If something comes along that I can't pass up or grip makes another design that is more than a new ugly graphic I might upgrade.

... The pockets don't appear to have any interanl organization (it's not really shown in the video) either..

they do not. there is one internal org pocket inside at the back of the upper section .. looks like its designed for a cell phone (rectangle with the velcro ribbon over the top.

this bag is nice, it fits on the back (my back anyway) better than the ranger. and has more storage than the Ranger. I love my Ranger, but I'll be switching to this one if I can.

some of the general consensus comparisons where that of a Grip bag with storage - lots of people commented that those that love the Grip but want more storage would like this bag. (ive never used a Grip, just passing on what I heard)

has anyone gotten their hands on one of these? I'm curious what the straps look like, also wondering if there are any dividers, and how much of the logos are screen printed versus embroidered. would also like a peek inside the top compartment. Is the only access just the zipper going across the top? Seems like a compartment that big would need broader access.