• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Bolt Approved

I am curious about the Bolt... Would anyone say it flies like a Nuke? Seems like it may be a tick more understable with a hook up at the end of flight.

I too am actually curious about the Bolt. I was doing research on the Westside King and the Bolt trying to decide which one to try and I'm leaning towards the Bolt. From all accounts that I have read and absorbed the Bolt basically has a slightly bigger rim but is a touch more understable all around with a lower power requirement. Is this true? And which disc would be better for a thrower with 400' of power with Valks and PDs?

I'm kinda leaning in favor of the King. The King's rim is a touch smaller, which I like. And it appears, from all accounts, that it will fade more predictably if it will even fade at all. I'm sure a Prerubing is in order here, but I'm not just looking for an opinion from someone who threw each disc twice. I'm looking for an opinion from a thrower that has given each disc a fair and true audition. I know you are out there, let me know!

Make no mistake, the Bolt is an understable driver. It's Katana-flippy. The King is far more stable (though not nearly as stable as the numbers say). If you're used to powering PDs, the King is going to be the way to go. Bolt is going to turn and burn, although I can't speak for the Opto ones. But if you can hit the angle right, the Bolt has this tight little S and gliiiides.

Make no mistake, the Bolt is an understable driver. It's Katana-flippy. The King is far more stable (though not nearly as stable as the numbers say). If you're used to powering PDs, the King is going to be the way to go. Bolt is going to turn and burn, although I can't speak for the Opto ones. But if you can hit the angle right, the Bolt has this tight little S and gliiiides.

I have an Opto Bolt, and it is a little bit more understable than my EchoStar Katana. My Bolt is only 167g though, and my Katana is about 170g. The bolt turns quickly and floats out, but does seem to have a wicked fade at the end of flight, bringing it right back in line. Also easy to throw some monster rollers with.

I love this disc. I threw my brother's 166g (somewhere around there) GL Bolt about 300 feet without even trying. Maybe had a little bit of OAT in the throw, but it didn't really flex much. I would consider getting my own.

I am really loving my Opto Bolt! Haven't been throwing anything this fast in a long time. But man on a nice clean release FH, this thing just flies....and fast!

Really going to try and work this one in a bit more.

Received my new Bolts yesterday, Test Material 2.

This stuff feels amazing...and I can't wait to throw this Bolt a mile!

The Bolt has been doing really well for me considering its speed and rim width.

Anyone thrown the Bolt in the TM2 yet?