• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 & INNOVA counterparts??

The Medius became the Core IIRC. Havocs can vary alot. a flat opto has less HSS than every GL that I've thrown, and the early run optos seem to be extra flat. To the point that it flew like a faster version of my flat GL Flow.

My higher speed drivers are a mess though, because I don't use them for a majority of shots, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I might just have to trek out to UNC #14 with all my Flows, Havocs, Swords and Bolt and have it out with them...

As for flight charts for comparison. Use the MSt as a guide or quick reference, and then check out Joe's or the respective manufacturer flight line guide.

Last edited:
@DEHAAS : Thanks a ton for the detailed response. Very helpful...

Any info on Spikes and Pures?

Also - anyone thrown a Medius? What is it similar to? Like a DX Roc at all?

As far as the Pures, do they have a bead similar to a KC Aviar or what putter would you compare them to?

Thanks!
Robby

Spike is more like a KC Aviar than a Pure, Spikes have the glide and hold anny where a Pure is great for wind and always comes back with its heavy/thick rim. Medius and Primitus are not really comparable feeling discs to any I have thrown except maybe a cobra, roc and hornet (DC) mix.. Pure is the best putter I have ever thrown in all situations from 300' drives to 10' putts and feels a lot like a crow or pig but slightly larger and very flat top.

both are great putters! -grip line is the way to go too the zero beats in VERY quick but some people prefer that!

The one thing to pay attention to when buying Lat discs is the dome on them. (Ex. a flat River is much easier to flip. A nice domey one is much straighter with a little more fade.) I think this is the main reason the GLs differ so much from the optos, b/c I think the optos are typically more resistant to flatness over time.

So when looking for a Buzzz replacement, test Cores and Fuses of differing domes. I loved my GL Core as a Buzzz replacement until it got as understable as my Fuse. I've been meaning to try an opto Core but I put a Buzzz back in my bag and it's been working for me so I haven't bothered.

I'll agree that the Pain is much more like a Roc. Especially once it gets beaten in. Although I think a beat DX Rancho is MUCH easier to control than my beaten in Pain, probably b/c of the Pain's glide.

very true! havent touched a buzz since picking up opto core. Only issue with the pain I can find is it being less over stable when thrown at a high speed vs the rocs which tend to go and keep goingggg. Distance wise the rocs have a pain faded but control and feeling are equal.

how bout the Havoc?=

Opto line is not as consistent as the Gold but great disc similar to an vulcan or katana...? Hates the wind and hyzer flips very well. Would take a Halo, Flow and River or vision before a havoc though due to their superior control and predictably.

honestly i would get your putters and mids figured out with at GL striker for distance.

then go from there with your other discs after a round or two.

lucky u that i think that is only 7 molds to figure out. will probably leave with two putters and two mids with a striker!

my guess perfect starting would be spike pure, fuse core striker....then get a XXX and fill the gaps as you figure out what does what.

they advertise Spike as very stable in their description on the LAT website.

Is it crazy pig or zone stable?

Or more KC pro stable.

And the pure is really like a magic?

Pure = beadless and Spike = bead?

THanks!

The sinus is stable-overstable like a rhyno
Spike is stable-understable

Pure is just straight

I know that lat used to have a contest that if you could flip a sinus by pure push alone and then help to break the distance record they would give you a sponsorship

Last edited:
What about the XXX? I usually throw a Banshee but wanted something a little bigger with a similar flight. Seems like the Marshall St. chart indicates that the XXX would fit the bill. Any first hand experience?

Vulcan is very similar to the Bolt. I have the first run Bolt and the Vulcan seems to be a tad bit more consistent for me. As for the Havoc it really feels like a beaten in Wraith. Maybe a little easier to flip.

I absolutely love the King for FH throws and it's great for big open holes. I was really throwing the Flow a lot as my driver but after the Sword came out I pretty much use the Sword as my go to driver. I've also taken my Destroyer and Boss out of the bag b/c of it.

I love my Firebird too much to try the XXX but from what I hear it's a similar style disc. I've never thrown the Pure but I hear it's Magic like. I love my Magic though so I don't think I can switch until I have some major putting issues that I have to blame on my putter.

Striker is also a great disc for a straight shot with not much turn and a little fade at the end.

And the River is the best disc ever made. Hands down.

What about the XXX? I usually throw a Banshee but wanted something a little bigger with a similar flight. Seems like the Marshall St. chart indicates that the XXX would fit the bill. Any first hand experience?

yes, but it flies like a brick... and go for GL imo so it has a shot a breaking in a bit

yes, but it flies like a brick... and go for GL imo so it has a shot a breaking in a bit

You want glide out of a super-overstable disc :confused: I like the XXX for short skips and extreme headwinds where I need the disc to fade. It doesn't have to glide to do those shots.

What type of throws do you make where you would want a XXX to break in?

You want glide out of a super-overstable disc :confused: I like the XXX for short skips and extreme headwinds where I need the disc to fade. It doesn't have to glide to do those shots.

What type of throws do you make where you would want a XXX to break in?

for throws where I want the flightpath of a banshee but longer as the question had asked

Okay everyone... I've had two rounds with my bag. Here are my impressions so far:

(1) Latitude has some strange flight descriptions on their discs. FUSE says "stable midrange" and Havoc says something like "super fast overstable". Neither of these are true. "Stable" must be Swedish for flippy.

(2) That being said, I freaking love the following discs: 1. Fuse 2. Flow 3. Blitz 4. Pain 5. Striker

(3) The long range drivers for LAT 64 are a bit touchy. Innova may have screwed me up a bit but I'm used to stable long range drivers. I swear I'm releasing these guys on hyzers, but the Bolt is completely worthless to me. I can't figure out a possible use for this disc because no matter how much I try to release it on a hyzer line it cracks over and dives into the ground. Havocs are close, but on uphill shots I found I could crush it. The Bolt still sucked on uphill shots.

(4) I have three Flows. Two GL and one opto. One of the GL's and the opto are unreal. Very easy to control and the BOMBBBB!!! I throw them the same as I threw my Wraiths but they easily get an extra 20-30 feet. However, the other GL Flow is brand new but super flippy. Wildly different from my other two flows. This is one example but it leads me to believe that (like Innova) LAT64 can be a bit inconsistent.

(5) The Putters are nice. I'm used to putting KC Pro Aviars and I'm adjusting to the Zero Line Pures quite smoothly. They're much faster and I think that's due to the low profile. They zoom out on a straight line so I had to force myself to slow down my release a little. The other putter I have is a Grip Line Spike. I guess Spikes are meant to be more understable than Pures but the Grip Line plastic must overcompensate because when throwing the GL Spike is definitely more stable. I try to huck the Pure on a super hyzer but it still flattens out. Can't imagine using it as a thrower unless I got one in Grip Line plastic.

(6) Many more discs I need to try out. Order of anticipation (1) XXX (2) Halo (3) Riot (4) Sinus AP/SP.

(7) I wish they had more reliable, OVERSTABLE drivers. The Blitz is alright but it's supposed to be their most stable driver and on a flick I flattened it out pretty well. In a wind it would have flipped for sure. I like it on a hyzer line because it hooks up very fast but when released flat it's pretty easy to get a LONG straight flight out of it (much easier than I would think it'd be for their MOST stable fast driver.) Looking forward to trying the SINUS because I like approaching with stable putters and I'm using the pain right now since I can't trust the pure.

That is a ton of typing, but I'm just checking in. I'm playing in a doubles tournament tomorrow and my partner is super pissed that I'm sticking with a bag that I only have two rounds on. It's "Wizard" from the Marketplace and he wants me to throw all my old innova stuff I've been using for two years. Screw that, I made a switch and I'm sticking to it.

PS - Striker is absolutely unreal. Releases like a teebird but it BOMBS! There is one hole at Bud Hill (a local private course) that I've only birdied with a Wraith (or faster discs). I threw a Striker on a teebird release angle and it landed five feet from the pin on a rope. Very easy to control. On most of the other holes I used it on where I'd normally throw a teebird, it would handle very well but it would cruise 50 past the basket. Wow...

~*~

Best description ever on a disc is on their Diamond;

"Easy to use fairway driver"