• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Musket

Musket

Bagged one of these for a couple rounds today. Lat64 has a winner on their hands with the Musket. Mine is opto 167g. This is an absolutely outstanding driver. It works perfect for shots that are about 30' short of max power where accuracy is needed. The Musket is a speed 10 driver that much reminds me of a champion Orc or Starfire. It doesn't have outstanding glide, but it has a very neutral flight with no high speed turn and a fairly gradual late fade. Straight disc. No S curve. Good dome.

I found the Musket to be great for 375'-410' shots. I could give it all the arm I had and the disc wouldn't flip over or even turn. Laser straight. The Musket probably went 25' further than my Thunderbird, but had the same flight characteristics. From the first throw I felt like I could control the disc well, and I was putting it very accurately to all the baskets I threw at. I really liked the Musket because I felt like I could throw it hard and not have it drift right and go off course.

I'd say the Musket is NOT for beginners. It isn't the easiest disc to throw, and it takes some pretty decent armspeed to flatten it out for good distance. I had one throw where I missed it pretty bad, and the disc simply stalled out and died quickly.

Musket: 10, 4, 0, 2. Into headwinds the Musket would turn just the tiniest bit, but for the most part I wasn't seeing any high speed turn here. The Musket holds a flat line for a long time before fading. The fade is gradual and not dumpy. Disc seems like something right in the middle of an Orc and Starfire.

Bagged one of these for a couple rounds today. Lat64 has a winner on their hands with the Musket. Mine is opto 167g. This is an absolutely outstanding driver. It works perfect for shots that are about 30' short of max power where accuracy is needed. The Musket is a speed 10 driver that much reminds me of a champion Orc or Starfire. It doesn't have outstanding glide, but it has a very neutral flight with no high speed turn and a fairly gradual late fade. Straight disc. No S curve. Good dome.

I found the Musket to be great for 375'-410' shots. I could give it all the arm I had and the disc wouldn't flip over or even turn. Laser straight. The Musket probably went 25' further than my Thunderbird, but had the same flight characteristics. From the first throw I felt like I could control the disc well, and I was putting it very accurately to all the baskets I threw at. I really liked the Musket because I felt like I could throw it hard and not have it drift right and go off course.

I'd say the Musket is NOT for beginners. It isn't the easiest disc to throw, and it takes some pretty decent armspeed to flatten it out for good distance. I had one throw where I missed it pretty bad, and the disc simply stalled out and died quickly.

Musket: 10, 4, 0, 2. Into headwinds the Musket would turn just the tiniest bit, but for the most part I wasn't seeing any high speed turn here. The Musket holds a flat line for a long time before fading. The fade is gradual and not dumpy. Disc seems like something right in the middle of an Orc and Starfire.

Yours must be more stable than the tc muskets I saw during the challenge. I liked mine a lot, but it's not as hss as even my gstar thunderbird, and nowhere near my champ. We had a couple headwind drives with OB on the right, lots of people were landing OB.
I found with a clean throw and slight hyser I could get a nice flex into the wind. I was probably throwing it ~350', so not as far as you're getting it out.
I think I'd rate it 10/4/-1/2. Maybe -.5 turn? Great disc though.
I wonder if the production run is more stable than the tc run?

Yours must be more stable than the tc muskets I saw during the challenge. I liked mine a lot, but it's not as hss as even my gstar thunderbird, and nowhere near my champ. We had a couple headwind drives with OB on the right, lots of people were landing OB.
I found with a clean throw and slight hyser I could get a nice flex into the wind. I was probably throwing it ~350', so not as far as you're getting it out.
I think I'd rate it 10/4/-1/2. Maybe -.5 turn? Great disc though.
I wonder if the production run is more stable than the tc run?

The Musket I have is a TC. I won't even really call the disc beefy. It wasn't dying out left prematurely. It sure as heck isn't flippy though. I'd say it flies like a new champion Orc (without any high speed turn). Who knows though, maybe this one is beefier than others. Whatever the case, I was liking it a lot. It seemed to have a bit less clunky flight than a Starfire too.

The Musket I have is a TC. I won't even really call the disc beefy. It wasn't dying out left prematurely. It sure as heck isn't flippy though. I'd say it flies like a new champion Orc (without any high speed turn). Who knows though, maybe this one is beefier than others. Whatever the case, I was liking it a lot. It seemed to have a bit less clunky flight than a Starfire too.

Ya I wouldn't call it flippy either, just not a true 0 turn like a Teebird or thunderbird. Seems like a pretty solid control type driver, hasn't quite made my bag yet though.

How do you find the distance compares to your orc?

Ya I wouldn't call it flippy either, just not a true 0 turn like a Teebird or thunderbird. Seems like a pretty solid control type driver, hasn't quite made my bag yet though.

How do you find the distance compares to your orc?

I haven't thrown an Orc in quite a while. I'd say the distance is similar though. I'll agree the Musket is a control driver. I'm not out there cranking on it for sheer distance bombs.

Definitely one of Lat64's better driver offerings. I don't think DD has anything like it either. A speed 10 driver that will go straight for a long way without flipping is a thing of beauty.

I haven't thrown an Orc in quite a while. I'd say the distance is similar though. I'll agree the Musket is a control driver. I'm not out there cranking on it for sheer distance bombs.

Definitely one of Lat64's better driver offerings. I don't think DD has anything like it either. A speed 10 driver that will go straight for a long way without flipping is a thing of beauty.

Have you thrown a getaway yet? Curious how musket compares.

I'd assume the Musket and Getaway would be similar in non-windy conditions, but with the Getaway holding up better in headwinds. We'll see if that ends up being Twmmcoy's result (prove me right, man!)

I'd assume the Musket and Getaway would be similar in non-windy conditions, but with the Getaway holding up better in headwinds. We'll see if that ends up being Twmmcoy's result (prove me right, man!)

Next time I play I'll bring the Getaway. I have no clue what type of plastic it is. Something that seems like star. Fuzion, perhaps? Disc has a custom stamp, so the plastic isn't listed.

Surprised by the low glide comments. Mine has crazy glide for a somewhat stable disc.

Yeah, my Musket definitely isn't going to win any glide awards. I won't call it a clunker or say it doesn't glide, but it definitely doesn't have the float that a Shryke or Heat does. I think the average glide actually helps the Musket. It penetrates well and doesn't get blown around much in breezes.

I'll call the Musket's glide perfectly average. A solid 4. Just like an Orc or Starfire.

Have you thrown a getaway yet? Curious how musket compares.

My Lucid Getaway and Opto Musket (TC) are very similar. I need to bag them together some time to give a nice trial. My first round today with the Musket I picked up was really impressive though. It's a very consistent, predictable flier. Honestly surprised with it. Great resistance to turn, very linear flight and then a predictable, late dumpy fade. I need to throw the Getaway some more but the Musket seemed a lot less nose angle sensitive. I had trouble keeping the nose down on the Getaway for some reason.

A lot of people should check this disc out. It's right in that Thunderbird neighborhood. It's not an overly long disc like T-dub mentioned but very controllable and seemed solid in the wind. My Musket's used but didn't look like it had many rounds on it so I don't know if it's pre- or post-break in.

I liked the Musket when I used it for the TC. Should probably throw it in the bag again sometime. I found it a little flippy, but controllable. Definitely less overstable than most Thunderbirds. My biggest reservation is that I've got more than one Teebird I'm familiar with that can hit most of the same shots.

The Musket could slot into the PD/Thunderbird slot for people that don't have 400+ ft of power.

My Lucid Getaway and Opto Musket (TC) are very similar. I need to bag them together some time to give a nice trial. My first round today with the Musket I picked up was really impressive though. It's a very consistent, predictable flier. Honestly surprised with it. Great resistance to turn, very linear flight and then a predictable, late dumpy fade. I need to throw the Getaway some more but the Musket seemed a lot less nose angle sensitive. I had trouble keeping the nose down on the Getaway for some reason.

A lot of people should check this disc out. It's right in that Thunderbird neighborhood. It's not an overly long disc like T-dub mentioned but very controllable and seemed solid in the wind. My Musket's used but didn't look like it had many rounds on it so I don't know if it's pre- or post-break in.

I found the Musket just a hair longer than the Getaway. Similar flight though. The Musket had a tiny smidge of high speed turn, like -0.5. The Getaway didn't.

Musket for me is like a new (not broken in) Orc or a broken in Starfire. Nice driver. I found that I could do pretty much whatever I wanted with it.... and accurately.

For me the Musket is a slightly longer Explorer. With a good spin I can get it flip to flat and fade. I have a blue metal flake max weight TC Musket which is slightly overstable and then my orange 169g workhorse Musket which tends to flip a little bit. It's a very good mold for 320ft max. thrower.

I like the musket. I replaced the Thunderbird in my bag with a TC musket. I throw 350-375 and love throwing this as the go to stable driver. I can get some nice long S-curve forehand drives with it too. This disc (and my thunderbird) are in the stability sweet spot where I can throw them hard either style. This is the best TC driver that I've thrown so far.

Last edited:
With all the stable stuff coming out of Lat these days, forgot about this one. How does it compare to the Culverin?

With all the stable stuff coming out of Lat these days, forgot about this one. How does it compare to the Culverin?

The speed/distance/glide. I think the stability is about the same. I use my culverin alongside my falchion and leopard distance/wise and cannot FH it at full power, otherwise it just turns and burns. It's a good OS fairway driver for me.

The TC Musket can go a little longer and glide a bit more. I can FH it at full power and get a nice flex flight path out of it.

Latest posts