• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Learning to throw discraft

wormburner

i just received my order from the increasingly popular discraft mispring deal. I have never really thrown discraft other than a buzzz before and I was wondering if someone with a little more experience with their discs could help me out. i am pretty familiar with the different styles of innova so if you would be able to roughly compare a similiar innova disc to what i got. Or if you could just tell me when and how you use that mold would be awesome. also i'm not sure what how FLX changes the disc, thanks

ESP Tracker
ESP Meteor
ESP FLX Surge
ESP Surge
ESP Wasp
ESP Buzzz
Z Buzzz
CrysZtal Buzzz
Z Crush
Z Wildcat

I just received my first discraft discs on monday, and have thrown then every evening this week trying to learn them The Wasp is a little faster then the roc from what i can tell. The FLX is nice, it makes the ESP more like star plastic with a little more flex in it. A friend of mine has a Surge and says it's a little slower and a little more understable then the destryer.

Now that's a nice haul. You could basically just use those discs for an entire round and have every shot covered except for putting.

Now that's a nice haul. You could basically just use those discs for an entire round and have every shot covered except for putting.

i actually putt better with drivers/midrangers than i do with putters...weird, i know. i can make 30 footers with a driver every time but ill fall short with putters more often than not.

FLX prefoms great in the cold and holds shape even in hot a$$ trunks. I prefer it in my mids more than drivers - I like to dig in on my mids

i actually putt better with drivers/midrangers than i do with putters...weird, i know. i can make 30 footers with a driver every time but ill fall short with putters more often than not.

Try a Zone from Discraft, it will change they way you think about that.

I really don't notice a difference between esp and star plastic. I would just throw things as you normally would. Each disc has differing flight paths just like innova. The wasp is an overstable mid, buzzz is straight, surge ss is like a broken in wraith. not sure about the rest

Learn to throw a putter. It'll be worth it in the long run. Go out and play a round with just a putter and nothing else.

Im actually the same way, more or less. But I dont think its the discs. Im still mid-way through testing any putter I can get ahold of, but in reality, I could probably take any of them I've tried and just live and learn with just that one. Just before I do that seriously, I want one that feels the best to me.

I like the feeling of esp ( especially the flx ) just as much, if not more, than star. I just recently started throwin discrap and starting to like it. The avenger ss and the surge ss in flx esp have found a permenent home in my bag

All of you guys are in love with this misprint deal. So much that it makes me fight buying a set myself.

All of you guys are in love with this misprint deal. So much that it makes me fight buying a set myself.

This paycheck was buy the fiance and 2 boys each a bag and some more discs, and I snuck myself 2 in there; otherwise, I would be all over this deal now just because I want to test the Discraft waters and it seems like a good way to take a dip.

Next check, I am in.

Latest posts