• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lefty Help

I'm also a lefty but have terrible trouble with my drives, currently using a Valk. As soon as I release the disc I just put my head down because I know it's gonna go right on me. My friend, a righty, has been helping me but apparently I'm not grasping what he's trying to impart on me. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Trust me Dan, its not the arrow. Try a 150g Leopard.

>>> Lefty <<<

Drivers : Esp Avenger ss, champ Mamba, Gl River, Elite x xpress, Roadrunner, Valk, Leapord, Gl Vision, glide
Mid: Buzz, Buzz ss, meteor, fuse,
Putters: doesnt matter!

>>> Lefty <<<

Drivers : Esp Avenger ss, champ Mamba, Gl River, Elite x xpress, Roadrunner, Valk, Leapord, Gl Vision, glide
Mid: Buzz, Buzz ss, meteor, fuse,
Putters: doesnt matter!

I have a Buzzz in my bag right now and that's the only thing keeping me sane and still on the course!! Thanks to all for the suggestions, gonna head to the store this evening and see what I can pick up.

I have a Buzzz in my bag right now and that's the only thing keeping me sane and still on the course!! Thanks to all for the suggestions, gonna head to the store this evening and see what I can pick up.

I would pick up a esp avenger ss, champion mamba or a gl vision.....Im really not a fan of the Valk.

Get a Mamba and or a Leopard.

Those disc are good for turning left for you and will go far.

Agree with everyone else, go with lighter weights and I would only play with a buzz and putter. Leave the high-speed disc alone. Until you can throw flat and straight.

I see a lot of folks recommending the Mamba. I may give that one a try. I definitely want something that is going to lean just a hair left on me. Should I probably go for something under 170 for weight?

So far the Monarch and a StarWraith I believe it was, (I found that one and couldn't get in contact with the owner...it has since sunk back into the watery depths of the course from which it came) are the only discs I haven't been able to keep relatively straight. Then again, my experience only encompasses a few discs.

For my money the Mamba is not the most forgiving disc out there. Too understable.

And yes go lighter at least until your technique improves. I can't say it enough, Leopard. There's a reason Innova uses the Leopard in its starter sets as a 1st driver. It goes far, its easy to throw, it holds most lines, and its forgiving. What more can you ask for?

Another way to get a disc to fade left as a left-handed player, is to learn to throw forehand (aka sidearm) in addition to your backhand. I am LHBH dominate player, but I decided to start working on my forehand throws this year, and it has really made a number of the "righty" holes on my home course much easier. It is very helpful to be able to throw both LHBH and LHFH.

Trust me Dan, its not the arrow. Try a 150g Leopard.

So my local store didn't have a Leopard and I ended up buying a 150g Valk. Not sure if I was having a good day or what but about 80% of my drives this weekend were absolutely awesome...for me:) Thanks again for suggesting a lower weight disc as now I'm getting really good distance and even had 5 birdies over the weekend, 54 holes...yes that's pretty damn good for me!!

Dan

LEFTY's unite!

i've been working a lot with an Avenger SS - i'm finally able to get the thing to hold a strong line pulling left as long as i release with some anhyzer. release the thing straight and it will pull left some and finish right.

i also have been working with the glide from discraft. it really wants to flip over and roll if thrown straight. put some hyzer on it and it will pull hard to straighten out - glides for days, fades a few feet right at 300 feet.