• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Legacy Cannon

What do you think of the Cannon

• I love it, went right in the bag

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • I like, we'll see if it makes the bag

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Nope, didn't like it. not for me

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I don't throw them warp speed wigits!

Votes: 23 27.7%

• Total voters

pspunch

Double Eagle Member
I saw the Rampage and Cannon come out a couple months ago. I wasn't that interested at the time, but I've since picked one up a red Icon Cannon from the marketplace. I've only have a couple dozen throws with it, but wow, what a fitting name. I want to hold off on doing a full review till I get more throws with it. I also have a yellow one coming to see what the stability difference is.

Point of the thread: have you tried the cannon? Did it stick in the bag or just get tested a couple times? How do you feel about it after 1 mo, 2 mo, 6 mo?

Now it's got me looking for Rampages...

Bought an Icon Cannon a while back because I heard the Rampages were really OS. Got one thinking it would be like the Nuke SS compared to a Nuke. It was a lot more OS than I thought but it's super fast and I like the plastic. It's not in the bag currently but I'm keeping it in case I lose my z Force. It's a first run not sure if the newer ones are different. I'm excited to try the first midrange from Legacy.

I love my cannon. I do not have a strong arm, but the disc makes me look like I do. I love my Cannon and everytime I throw it, ppl always ask me what I just threw. I have a rampage in the mail and I am hoping big things for it. My cannon started off OS but as I have threw it in to a few trees he has become more understable, and he just started S'ing 2 days ago. It was love at first throw and I have had him for 2 months now. And I have a Legacy Clutch, and its either mental, but I am hitting better puts too.

I got a FR pinnacle rampage, but my noob form couldn't handle it, plus I thought the plastic was a bit hard and slick. Got an icon cannon (grinder version - really cool stamp) and I like the plastic better. The rim is super wide which affected my release timing. I'd need to work with it some more before I'd keep it in the bag and I'm discing down somewhat at the moment. \

The clutch is one I practice with all the time, but the base plastic (forgot what they called it) is too hard for a putter. Doubt I'd use it in normal play, but I have 2 so practice putting is easier alongside a few other putters I have.

Last edited:
I got bolth the Rampage and Cannon. Those two distance drivers replaced ALL my other drivers. I have been gettting some juicy aces with them fo sho!!!

i love the purple cannons, i got 2 of em from lion as well as a red and a yellow one. the red one for me was flippy. the yellow one was overstable. a lot more overstable than the red one i got. the purple ones i got have a huge dome on it and is pretty stable, but not as stable as the yellow.

love my cannons. ive hit my longest drives with them. the downside to them being in the bag though is they dont need to come out much. ill only throw it if the hole is longer then like 500ft. or im having fun. fun is still allowed right?

I have a cannon and 2 rampages. I am still working on my form and shank it more than I'll admit but I have had my furthest and most accurate throws with them.

I can only throw mine on FHs and FH rollers, but it is on it's way to being flippy enough that I would certainly consider pulling it out on a headwind shot or something similar. It is currently in my bag, but it might not be for too much longer unless it starts doing a little better of the BH side...

That's another reason I don't keep my first run cannon in the bag. It's just too long. I throw it maybe once a round if that. It's not a design flaw I don't ever throw warp speed drivers that much. Speed 9 is about all I need to shoot my best currently. One day when I can bomb five hundred plus I'm sure the Cannon will be my best friend.

I got a purple 174g flat top Icon cannon and a 156g blizzard boss from dg world in Kansas City just to have fun with. Little did I know that the cannon would become the longest roller I have ever seen. Mine was flippy out of the box. Played swope and hyzer flipped the cannon pin high off the facemask hole 15. Never thrown a disc that hyzer flips and bombs that far that low to the ground. Not a good headwind disc for sure but keeps up with the blizzard boss in a tailwind as a consistently 75-100ft lpnger than my 3 destroyers in various stages of wear. I typically throw the destroyers 430-450 max d flat ground. Hit the cannon on that high hyzer flip turnover and take a nap before it lands. I compare the flight to an Archon only bigger, stronger, and faster.

I'm really enjoying throwing the cannon. The red is nice and understable, flips flat with hyzer for straight line shots, or put it up 30-40' and let it work. And it's great for tailwinds. I feel like I have a lot of control with it for how fast it is. I haven't done any technical measuring, but guessing off tee signs I'd say 400+, and pretty consistent.

The yellow one is almost a different disc. Feels the same in the hand, but much more stable at high speeds and a big fade at the end. It has a hair bit of turn now, I'm betting it picks up more and is the perfect distance disc. As stated by others in other threads it's more tacky and flexible than the red.

Both feel great tho, I'm excited to see what these do when it warms up

I would like to replace my lemon lake katanas with this disc. That katana goes about 50 feet further than anything I have ever thrown when the conditions are right for this type of disc. Has anyone made this type of switch from an other super fast hyzer flip bomber to the cannon. If so what color is working for you also dome plh etc. There is some local hype on the purple pop tops but I have not scene this disc do anything like what my lemons do?

Consistency between colors seems to be a real concern on these. I've heard people saying their reds or purples were flippy from the get-go and everyone like me who got a FR in that lime green color has gotten one that is overstable. Not a big deal I can break it in and it's not in the bag right now but I'd like to see a little more consistency in the colors for the future. I like a disc I can lose and pull out a brand new one and know even before I throw it what to expect.

I got another ace with a white legacy cannon! Odd that 7 out of 8 aces are with white Legacy Discs??

I'm thinking about buying one for a FH. Anyone FH these out to 500 like I keep reading about the BH with them?

a buddy of mine has crushed mine out to about 490 or so forehand. if your forehand form isnt the best (like mine) it may turn into a roller on you. possible though? ohhhh ya.

Do you remember what kind of line you're friend threw them that far with? My form is pretty good. I can hyzerflip a P PD to about 420 consistently. I've occasionally really crushed one 450+, but I'm looking for a disc to increase my distance and that I can count on to get around that 500 mark when needed.

Latest posts