• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 6th release the RIVAL, its coming

My FR Pinnacle Rival has replaced my champ Teebirds for my workhorse fairway (still use a Brinster for OS Duties). Super flat so it feels nice in the hand, a decent amount of glide, and super predictable. I really love this disc.

Scoured the interwebs and found (4), first run Pinnacle Rivals. Decided to step away from my 11x Cal Teebird and stock up on a cheaper, more readily available disc. Can't wait to throw these babies!

The non-first runs are nice and flat and awesome too. No need to saddle yourself with the burden of specialty runs at this point...

Welcome to Legacy. I think their Pinnacle plastic is the best in the game (Icon isn't too shabby either!). Patriots in particular feel (and look) just like the really good 11X KC Pro plastic from years ago.

I've heard tremendous things about legend line rivals!

Sparkles are sexy

I've heard tremendous things about legend line rivals!

Sparkles are sexy

These Legend line Rivals are great. Once they come out with brighter colors, people should be buying these up. The glide is much improved from the Pinnacle line (even though it wasn't that bad).

I like the new Icon plastic, it is very much a stiffer and better feelings Star plastic. Good stuff.

These Legend line Rivals are great. Once they come out with brighter colors, people should be buying these up. The glide is much improved from the Pinnacle line (even though it wasn't that bad).

I like the new Icon plastic, it is very much a stiffer and better feelings Star plastic. Good stuff.

Oh yes. The icon rival is the star teebird that everyone always wanted. Doesn't get any better for a straight fairway.

Legends are sold all the time, popular fundraising disc or tourney disc sold a lot.

The non-first runs are nice and flat and awesome too. No need to saddle yourself with the burden of specialty runs at this point...

This is not true in my experience. Later runs have a dome to them. They have more turn. They fly like a domey star Teebird, not like a flat champ Teebird. I've gotten a couple later runs on the internet, and my local shops are all domed.

Smart to stock up on first runs. As long as you don't lose them, that set will last.

Pretty much all rivals I've seen are flat. I look at them a lot. :D the beefiest I've found are the light snot yellow, 175 and hard as a rock.

speaking to the issue of dome on the rival and how to pick stability, i was in GGGT today and did a thorough inspection of all the rivals to make sure i was right about the OS ones.

it's true; i compared the PLH of the 5-6 pinnacle they had that were sorta yellow, flat, stiff and max weight against all other colors/weights. the PLH was probably a full 1-2 mm higher. there were some that had a bit of dome too; first i've ever really seen that.

you could probably order based on weight and color alone and wind up getting a nice beefy one.

Oh baby, got my stack of these in the mail today. They are absolutely sexy. Will try to get some pics later.

DSC01050_zps54968640.jpg

DSC01049_zps4c033df7.jpg

DSC01048_zps95f0d30c.jpg

DSC01047_zps677c9e47.jpg

Latest posts