• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

I think something a tick less stable than a TL out of the box would be a good disc for Innova. The easy solution is "beat up a TL" or "cycle DX Eagles/Teebirds" but not everyone is up for that.

The River, Maul, Diamond or Switch might fill that spot. Yes, I know they're not Innova discs.

Indeed, Innova doesn't have a lot in the understable speed 7 range, and losing a beat up disc means having to start over the beating-in process... and I agree that many won't want to do that. Maybe they'll look into the control driver area next... Innova has some great discs in this range, but few in number. It's a potential growth area for them.

I'd be down to try a leopard3 when/if they come available just for kicks and giggles.

For those who were asking why bother with the "3" : Because the top already exists, so why not throw it on different mold pieces and see if you can make a hit?

I don't think you could put the 3 top on a leopard, the core extends up to far past the plh. You would have to make a shallower inner rim to make it fit.

I don't think you could put the 3 top on a leopard, the core extends up to far past the plh. You would have to make a shallower inner rim to make it fit.

What does the core and top fit have to do with the parting line (which is the fit between the top and the lower wing)? Of course the core on a leo extends past the parting line. If it didn't the flightplate would be .5" thick

I haven't had my Leos out in awhile, been working with Kaxe and FDs.
Brought the 2x out this week and was crushing it well past the other two...
Leo still in top 3 of all time for me.

I wish I could actually find a longer Leopard.

Currently have many floating around. 150 champion and a 170 Star are my current favorites.

JLS too. But JLS actually feels like a Leopard too, with its 1.6 cm wing. It just GOES farther.

I checked out a JLS yesterday after your post and that rim is very similar to the Leo. I probably said it wrong that the Eagle L was my longer Leopard. Eagle came first so really the Leo is my Lil' Eagle L.

Lost my 165g worn-in Pro-Leopard in the woods the other day :( Searched for 2 hours, but came up empty.

I am trying to replace it, but need some suggestions! I am a 350' max distance thrower, usually around the 275-300 mark and am looking for something that will go straight with a little turn with almost no fade.

Was thinking a 160g Pro-Leopard could fit the bill as new, but my local store doesn't have any in that weight. Thoughts on other plastics that you have noticed to be pretty understable but not flippy right out of the box?

Lost my 165g worn-in Pro-Leopard in the woods the other day :( Searched for 2 hours, but came up empty.

I am trying to replace it, but need some suggestions! I am a 350' max distance thrower, usually around the 275-300 mark and am looking for something that will go straight with a little turn with almost no fade.

Was thinking a 160g Pro-Leopard could fit the bill as new, but my local store doesn't have any in that weight. Thoughts on other plastics that you have noticed to be pretty understable but not flippy right out of the box?

Find a used star Leo in the marketplace/ at PIAS/ FB/ eBay.

So I am the only one commenting that has actually thrown the Leo3?

1. It is not an Eagle - L
2. I throw TL's - it is not a TL
3. People always say... my used CE whatever is the same as whatever...not many people have regular access to CE plastic or OOP stuff.\

Guess I got to do this ~990 rated 430' power controllable.

The Leo3 I threw flew awesome. Nice firm hyzer popped up flat and had a ton of glide. Flat, new they had a slow roll over and a straight finish. I throw a beat pro Leo for fairway driver length hyzer flip to turnover. It doesnt turn into a roller. Ive wanted a Hyzer to straight run all day disc with a fairway drive rim. TL's dont do this, they fly way too far. I have a bunch of super beat champ leopards but they are just too stable at the end of the flight. Ive been throwing an old Star Leopard and it works great. The problem is working one in...and star plastic gets slippery when it gets old.

The Leo3 I threw flew, new just like a used star leopard (but longer), but the new plastic had superior grip. I think this is a great disc for those 270-330' tunnel shots...reminded me of a couple XL's I had before they got too flippy.

So the Leo3 to me is a pro leo right before it gets too flippy or one step better than that champ leo you can never get to gently roll over.

So the Leo3 to me is a pro leo right before it gets too flippy or one step better than that champ leo you can never get to gently roll over.

Sounds like I'll love it. Appreciate the insight. That sounds super tasty, and a great alternative for me. I gave up on leo's a while back for that exact reason. I just use a super beat TL, which is fine 80% of the time, but I'm kind of missing that shot. Anyone know if this is going to be a big release?

1. It is not an Eagle - L
2. I throw TL's - it is not a TL
3. People always say... my used CE whatever is the same as whatever...not many people have regular access to CE plastic or OOP stuff.\

Guess I got to do this ~990 rated 430' power controllable.

The Leo3 I threw flew awesome. Nice firm hyzer popped up flat and had a ton of glide. Flat, new they had a slow roll over and a straight finish. I throw a beat pro Leo for fairway driver length hyzer flip to turnover. It doesnt turn into a roller. Ive wanted a Hyzer to straight run all day disc with a fairway drive rim. TL's dont do this, they fly way too far. I have a bunch of super beat champ leopards but they are just too stable at the end of the flight. Ive been throwing an old Star Leopard and it works great. The problem is working one in...and star plastic gets slippery when it gets old.

The Leo3 I threw flew, new just like a used star leopard (but longer), but the new plastic had superior grip. I think this is a great disc for those 270-330' tunnel shots...reminded me of a couple XL's I had before they got too flippy.

Thanks for this info about the Leo3.
I think everyone else was speaking generally about longer leopard-like discs, and not the L3 specifically.
Are these out yet?

I think everyone else was speaking generally about longer leopard-like discs, and not the L3 specifically.
Are these out yet?

What Dave said. No thread assault necessary. We all just Lust for Leopards my man. What plastic was your Leo3 and where did it come from?

Thanks for this info about the Leo3.
Are these out yet?

Called Innova and was told that the Leopard 3 will only be available as an option for players packs and fundraising. They will not be running them for general release. I thought that was disappointing. Maybe they will change there mind if these become a popular option or they get flooded with requests. So I guess what I am saying is start flooding them with requests.:)