• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Question

DGfan68

Par Member
I like to build various bags with each one only using one specific manufacturer and compare how they compete with each other. I am currently building an Innova only bag and my current focus is the Leopard. I understand the Leopard is an understable disc, but can be used in many different ways depending on release, power, and the type and weight of plastic. Within the realm of the Leopard, can you experts please tell me which three plastics and weights would cover understable, stable and over stable? (Again, within the Leopard spectrum.) I have a couple of DX 150 class I found used and have been tinkering with them so I have some frame of reference. Thanks

Champ 170+g = OS

Star/pro 165-170g will get understable with a little use

The 150dx you have for US.

Last edited:
Thanks

That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for, thanks. It gets very expensive buying and trying.

Aim nailed it... just in case you were looking for a 2nd opinion prior to making a purchase.

That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for, thanks. It gets very expensive buying and trying.

Just keep working with your discs. The leopard is great from 150'- 400' and many other discs out there work just as well. I throw an MVP relay that is like my "star leopard" but comes down to learning good technique vs more equipment.

Good luck! Just pair a heavy premium plastic leo with your DX for now.

Aim is pretty much right on here.

Definitely look at the Pro Leo at around 170 as a compliment to a Champ. The Pro starts off pretty much stable and becomes gently understable with a little use and stays that way for a good while. If you read up on the Leo on this board you will find a LOT of love for the Pro Leo. The 150 Dx would cover even more US shots and hyzer flips while the Pro is seasoning.

Heavy Champ Leo3 and a g* Leo3 would also create a similar pairing but a little bit more distance/speed (speed 7 vs. speed 6). I am very fond of the newer Leo3 personally.

Last edited:
The G* Leopards are nice too for the middle stability slot. I've replaced the Pro with them. The last few Pro's I've had were really slick and with the shallow rim were a little difficult for me to grip.

Is there any replacement for the CE Leopard? Mine are too valuable to throw now, sadly. I guess I throw a beat-up champ Teebird there now, but wondering of any of the newer released plastics come close.. Leopard3?

Heavy Champ Leo3 start off pretty darn stable. But the plastic won't feel like CE. Pearly pinnacle Patriot is your best bet for replacing a CE Leo IMHO.

I'd try a heavier Leopard for US and hit some trees with it. That 150 will get pretty insanely flippy pretty fast.

I was a pro leo thrower for a long time, but now I have switched to the leopard3. My flat star 170 is flat, super understable and easy to throw and the champ glow is finally losing the sharp fade it had. Secret about pro leopards though: order factory seconds from dgu store. They have some sweet older runs piled up and the plastic feels good and takes hits really well.

Is there any replacement for the CE Leopard? Mine are too valuable to throw now, sadly. I guess I throw a beat-up champ Teebird there now, but wondering of any of the newer released plastics come close.. Leopard3?

My leopard 3 flies straight and its way harder to flip in star plastic to me at first and takes a while to get even kind of flippy.

I find the light (150) DX leopard to be super flippy especially after a few rounds.

Just keep working with your discs. The leopard is great from 150'- 400' and many other discs out there work just as well. I throw an MVP relay that is like my "star leopard" but comes down to learning good technique vs more equipment.

Good luck! Just pair a heavy premium plastic leo with your DX for now.

I'd like to see a Leopard get thrown 400'.

Latest posts