• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List of courses on u.s. forestry land (not ski hills)

sf17713

Looking for a list of courses on u.s. forestry land. Proposed discgolf course that I'm working on has hit a snag. The area forestry agency has said that he doesn't want to go out on a limb, because the only courses that he knows about are on ski hills. I'd love to give him a big list.

Was given these on another forum.......We have a few courses on non-leased (not ski hill) US Forest Service land here in Montana. Blue Mountain, Pattee Canyon, and Eagle's Nest.

Looking for a list of courses on u.s. forestry land. Proposed discgolf course that I'm working on has hit a snag. The area forestry agency has said that he doesn't want to go out on a limb, because the only courses that he knows about are on ski hills. I'd love to give him a big list.

How about courses on Army Corps of Engineers Land? It is not forestry land, but it shows the Feds do allow Disc Golf courses in Non-ski areas!

Sugarbottom DGC, North Liberty, Iowa
Turkey Creek, Iowa City
Walnut Ridge, Des Moines/Johnson Iowa
Lake Sonoma, California
West Thompson Lake, Connecticut

And probably many more near a reservoir or dam that are managed by the Army Corps

Also, there are courses on BLM land, which is also federal land:

Three Peaks Recreation Area, Cedar City, UT (2 18 hole courses on site)
Dolores River, Colorado
Stewart Pond, Eugene, Oregon
The Killer Course, Salmon, Idaho

All of these and more are on Federal Land and they are not ski resorts.

Many of these parks offer camping. If the forest you are working with has a campground, disc golf can be seen as another "amenity" for campers - as well as day users. Let me know if you want more BLM or Army Corps. I have been unable to find a course on forest service land, except those installed by youth and church camps on the Federal Land.

So if youth and church camps can install Disc Golf, does that count?

I found this old thread:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91652&highlight=Government

It mentions Blue Mountain DGC in Missoula:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1021&mode=ci

Thanks everyone, this is a good starting point. They just need to know that they are not the 1st to put a course on forestry land. And I really am going to push the "amenity" for the campground users on site.