• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local vs Out-of-Towner rating comparison

check out the reviews for clute i think i was the only non local to review it, by their standards its as good as brooks, mo, and mac but it aint even long enough for j.h. kids .
Yeah, no way I was gonna drive all the way down there to play that one. But with Dunbar Park down there now, I might make the trip for that little grand opening tourney they're talking about... just play those 27 holes and check 'em off the list.

dude the ****tty courses need reviews the most
I mostly agree with that. Consider two scenarios where you're in uncharted territory. You have time to play one course from the two local, but unrated courses.

1) You play course X and and it turns out to be a typical city park course, and you have a decent time.

-or-

2) You play course Y and it sucks, busted baskets, no marked tees, etc..

In the end if only one course were rated which one would you prefer?

Personally I would have liked to have known that course Y sucked ahead of time so I never wasted my time there. That way I could have gone to course X knowing that at least I wasn't at course Y. If X turned out to be crud then you were screwed either way. But if X is decent or better you come out ahead knowing that Y was bad up front.

If course X had been rated "decent", I'm still left with a choice of risking whether or not going to course Y would be a reward or a punishment....

That's why I like this big DGCR Summer push to rate a bunch of presently unrated courses.

Yeah, no way I was gonna drive all the way down there to play that one. But with Dunbar Park down there now, I might make the trip for that little grand opening tourney they're talking about... just play those 27 holes and check 'em off the list.

Where is the new Dunbar Course, this is the first Ive heard of it? Also when is the tourney gonna be?

i was thinking about going down there to check that one out and be the first reviewer but it looks like someone beat me but after looking at the pics i think im still going to go check it out, its a long drive but your cruisin the whole way no traffic at all and maybe 1-2 lights .

I know clutes super close but it aint worth it(youll never forgive yourself if thtas where you shoot your first ace)youd be better off playing another couple holes at the other place or stopping by brooks and playing a few cause you can take 2004 all the way down there , if you must cross it off your list please take pictures and get the distances if you can so know one else will make the same mistake i did .