• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Lone Star Discs

I've used the Curl off and on, mostly on, as a control driver for quite a while now. The feel in the hand is really good and my release is consistent because of it. When I haven't played for a while and my drives are down around the 350' range it plays as a good driver, basically a replacement for my main driver. When I am practiced up and more in the 400' range it really shines. I can lay into it and expect it to come back after the flip and coupled with the clean release it makes a lot of those low overhead or woods drives a little less stressful. I'm a fan and it's staying in my bag.

Bought a Glow Tombstone from the store the other day because my buddy showed it to me and we saw how ridiculous it looked. Super high PLH and pretty much flat. Compared to the Alpha plastic, the Glow plastic molds up flatter and with higher PLH.

Tested the disc yesterday and couldn't help but laugh after my first attempted throw with it. Compared it with another buddy's Tilt and Flare this morning to see exactly where the Glow Tombstone lies on the scale of stability. It's not quite a Tilt, but it is definitely a little more overstable than the Cosmic Neutron Flare. For those not familiar with the Flare, it's noticeably more overstable than a Firebird. Lonestar describes the Tombstone as speed 13, but its actual rim measurement slots it in between a Destroyer and Wraith, so to me it's more like a 11.5/12 speed.

Anyways, the Glow Tombstone is ridiculously dumb/fun, and can be described as a faster Flare. Great for throwing anhyzer shots on roller angle into 50mph headwinds for guaranteed fade back.

Lonestar Super Dillo?!!?!?!?

Is this somewhat close to a super class disc like a Zephyr?

Moose. Do you have one yet?

:popcorn:

I have heard it's got some decent glide and is less stable. I don't have one yet though.

Was actually hoping it would be more OS, the Harpoon and Bullsnake are kind of OS but not as much as I would like.

whats this i caught wind of that lsd is pullin a move similar to the glory days of "team trilogy"

LOL. Yep. Any and everyone is "sponsored"

yep. for a company trying to make a name it's well worth to for them to give out discounts and free t shirts in exchange for free marketing. locally it seems like every halfway regularly player is "sponsored."

Last edited:
yep. for a company trying to make a name it's well worth to for them to give out discounts and free t shirts in exchange for free marketing. locally it seems like every halfway regularly player is "sponsored."

i forgot your down there now and not in the midwest

im sure its even moar nauseating locally

tbh i cant believe i also had to find out from dg friends in person vs people slammin them on here

the famous lsd is not in the area yet but i cant wait to see folks in their sponsored swag

I heard Nikko say in a podcast that LSD has sponsored over 800 players recently. It was The Am Side Podcast if I recall correctly.

I heard Nikko say in a podcast that LSD has sponsored over 800 players recently. It was The Am Side Podcast if I recall correctly.

They did it big this year. It felt like just Leah, Chandler, myself and a handful of other pro/high am guys last year.

They did it big this year. It felt like just Leah, Chandler, myself and a handful of other pro/high am guys last year.

It's a bummer that there is no retailers in Europe with Lone Star. Would love to give them a try.

I decided I'll buy a lot of lonestar glow discs to meet the requirements for my glow bag and winter bag; kill two birds with one stone.

I ordered a glow Lariat, glow Lone Wolf, and glow Madcat. I'll give impressions/reviews soon enough!

I decided I'll buy a lot of lonestar glow discs to meet the requirements for my glow bag and winter bag; kill two birds with one stone.

I ordered a glow Lariat, glow Lone Wolf, and glow Madcat. I'll give impressions/reviews soon enough!

Mad Cat may be my favorite, it's a lot like a PD.

I mean yeah…it flies good too but…yeah

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no mold called "moose" yet right?

If there is, will you being going to Daredevil 😉

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no mold called "moose" yet right?

If there is, will you being going to Daredevil 😉

They, they have their Moose midrange. I won't be going to Daredevil, though I do like their Sabertooth and Wolverine.

They, they have their Moose midrange. I won't be going to Daredevil, though I do like their Sabertooth and Wolverine.

Daredevil is pretty unique in the fact that they have different disc names from the same mold. They name name them differently based on the plastic, or that's what I gathered reading about them. Definitely, um...unique.

You bags Stags from time to time anyway. That stamp looks more like a moose than a stag of any kind anyway :D

Latest posts