• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for DG daytrip ideas

crawdad

I want to take my son on a disc golf day trip and need some ideas. We live in Georgia and want to see/play other courses.

I'm looking to play a nice course that is easily accessible from an airport via public transportation.

Any helpful ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated.

If you guys ever get out to San Diego and I'm in town, I'd love to bring you around to a few of our courses in the area.

I usually have a rental car when I travel, so I'm not sure how many of the courses are accessible with public transport, though there are some that I've played around the country that are close to airports.

I hear there are some nice courses around Atlanta...

Probably way more than a day trip to LA, but there are a few great courses relatively close to Burbank, LAX and John Wayne airports. You'll need a car, though, as is generally true anywhere in SoCal.

Make it a four day trip: fly to LA, play here, drive to SD, play along the way the there, squeeze in some time at the beach anywhere, and fly home from SD.

I'm working to play and review all the courses in the area to check back if you're coming out. Happy to answer questions.

Cheers - nex :cool:

I also live South of Atlanta (Macon Georgia). My ideas would be more of a drive than a flight but you may or may not already know of a couple of nice trips in our area.

I took a day trip to Cloudland Canyon at Lookout Mountain and The Sinks in Chattanooga last weekend. Cloudland was a open course and The Sinks was very wooded so both were fun in that combination. You could also stop by the new 9 hole course in Ringold, GA that will be opening this weekend on the way back down I-75 if you have time. I regret not taking a look at the canyon at Cloudland Canyon so you could do that as well unless you wanted to make a disc golf only day.

Also, if you or your son like folk art you could go to Summerville, Georgia and play Hawks Grove and visit Howard Finster's Paradise Gardens. If you were to do this I would also recommend stopping by Winshape at Berry College in Rome Georgia. Berry is a beautiful campus with free roaming deer everywhere. They also have a second 9 hole course on campus for long arm players. Rome has a 3rd course called Ridge Ferry that I think you would be better to skip.

Last edited:
I do not know about public transport, but the Dallas-Fort Worth area is loaded with courses and many of them are really good. You could use the site to see which are closest to the airport.

the charlotte area is a mere 3 hours from ATL, and there are a plethora of courses in a relatively close area. you could get 2-3 courses in depending on what ones you play. i suggest renaissance, kilbourne, reedy creek, or hornets nest.

Latest posts