• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to get a new bag; which of these three would you recommend?

rgt286

Par Member
I've narrowed down my selection to the DD Soldier Bag, the Lat 64 Pro Bag, and the Fossa Roa Tournament Bag. Those of you who have experience with these bags, what do you think? I'm most interested in durability. Do any of these bags stand out or really sink when it comes to not falling apart?

I have owned the Lat Pro bag. Excellent materials. Older, early run bags had some problems with stitching, IIRC, but the newer ones have been great. Very rugged and useful bag.

I just got a Soldier Bag today for Christmas; the materials feel like they're of reasonable quality, given the price, and the bag looks to be pretty well built. Since I just got it today, I have no idea how great it'll hold together, but overall it seems to be about what I would expect at the price point.

I have no experience with the Fossa Roa bag. My vote is for the Soldier bag. I've heard of & seen many issues with the Lat bag. DiscJunkie is probably right that the problems where mostly with the earlier runs. I've never heard anyone complain about the Soldier bag nor have I seen any bags with bad stitching (even the first runs). I've just seen a lot of issues with the Lat bag. IMO the Soldier is the safer bet b/c no matter which run you get you know it'll be solid. Plus I think the Soldier bag looks better aesthetically. I also prefer how the pockets are setup (especially the putter pocket). Theres a chance you could get an older Lat bag...especially if you order online.

I have no experience with the Fossa Roa bag. My vote is for the Soldier bag. I've heard of & seen many issues with the Lat bag. DiscJunkie is probably right that the problems where mostly with the earlier runs. I've never heard anyone complain about the Soldier bag nor have I seen any bags with bad stitching (even the first runs). I've just seen a lot of issues with the Lat bag. IMO the Soldier is the safer bet b/c no matter which run you get you know it'll be solid. Plus I think the Soldier bag looks better aesthetically. I also prefer how the pockets are setup (especially the putter pocket). Theres a chance you could get an older Lat bag...especially if you order online.

I see your point, and that is concerning. Are online retailers like Marshall Street good at fulfilling specific requests like asking for a later run bag if you ask?

I've owned my soldier bag for almost a year now. I play 4 plus rounds a week with it. It still looks brand new. I can't recommend this bag enough. I put my wallet, keys, and phone in the zipper mesh part every round and the zipper still works like brand new. If I had to nitpick 1 complaint it would be that the putter pocket has to have 2 putters in it or 1 falls out. So when I take a putter out to putt or throw I have to be aware that there is now 1 putter by itself in the pocket ready to jump out.

I have a LatPro. It's about five years old now and I've had zero problems with it. The price has come down too. Just my $0.02

Don't know about the other two, but have experience with soldier bag. Only had for about six months and durable so far. large water bottle holders x2 is the reason I went with this bag for summer rounds. Disc space is plenty, over all Storage is just so/so IMO . Biggest complaint would be putter pouch for me also. Not because you need to put two discs , (I carry an upshot putter and putting putter combo any way) but because the opening at bottom of putter pouch allows putters to get wet from moisture on the grass. Also hate it that there is no mini marker pouch or pencile holder? The shoulder strap that comes with this bag is not wide/padded enough for this bag fully loaded, but I already had a shoulder harness .

I had the old run Lat Pro Bag and never had any problems with it. And you're unlikely to find anything but the new runs for sale through retailers - places were all out of them when this new run came out.

I moved up to a Ranger, but the Lat bag felt more substantial than a Soldier bag. And that insulated front pouch was really handy. Could put ice packs and drinks in the front pouch and it worked great.

I wanted a DD Soldier bag, got one today for Christmas. It was really between the Fade Tourney bag, or the Soldier bag. I went with the Soldier bag, the 2x water bottle slots in TX summers is what really attracted me to it. The storage is awesome so far, all of my discs fit perfectly with room to spare, I only carry 9 in the bag, 2 putters in the putter pocket, a large bag of sunflower seeds and my towel and could fit more discs if I needed to. Materials feel stout, even just the shoulder strap isn't bad at all, I played 36 holes and it didn't bother me at all, but I am getting some shoulder straps for it soon.

Latest posts